Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Just trying to understand what the Sky App offer means.
I can't offer any help regarding exactly what you are being offered on My Sky.
My guess though, is that it isn't up to date because it refers to Sky Entertainment which Sky told me had been replaced by Sky Signature.

I think you will either need to bite the bullet and ring Sky again, they close at 8pm as stated above, but I would allow plenty of time for them to go through it with you.
That's why I normally prefer to use chat because it doesn't cost anything, and you can take photos as proof of what is agreed.
When I tried to use My Sky on the app I didn't really have much luck.

If you are out of contract, to get through on chat you might find it quicker to go through cancellations on their website, they usually respond within five or ten minutes.

Click through...
Contacting Sky.
Accounts & Subscription.
Cancelling.
Cancel My Subscription.
Cancelling My Subscription.

Enter your user name or e-mail address and password.
The Virtual Assistant will ask basic questions to which you respond that you wish to cancel and why - cost. Then the chat box should appear and they'll ask your customer information, then click on the provided link, and enter two letters from your security answer (that's not your password btw), you close the security question screen ( make sure you don't close your chat page by mistake), and they will then look at your account and give offers.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

And there was me trying to be helpful letting you know not to waste your time ringing after 8pm, sorry if that info offended you !
With regards to phoning rather than chat , all calls are indeed recorded and stored . If I need to I can get a call reviewed and listened to ,usually same day .
Personally having worked on the chat service for thankfully a short time I’d always call as you get one to one attention rather than someone responding to several often diverse queries at once on several screens.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’d always call as you get one to one attention rather than someone responding to several often diverse queries at once on several screens.
I have had replies on chat meant for other customers.
I also had Sky chat operatives telling me 'just to let you know I will be away from my desk for 15 minutes' or 'just to let you know I am taking a scheduled break for 30 minutes' and other reasons to disappear in the middle of a chat session.

A lot of customers don't realise chat operatives are dealing with multiple queries at once.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
ClaireNJ, thanks for posting.

For example, a package may be offered at £29 per month for 18 months on a TV advert, but the disclaimer is that prices may increase during that period.
I have posted before, that it was stated on my chat that my subscription cost would stay the same for 18 months, yet in April it was increased.
When I complained it was initially denied Sky would have offered this, but they relented when I told them I took pictures of my chat as proof.
I was then told my discount level was fixed not my monthly cost.
I had the same sort of issue whereby I took out a 24 month contract in March 2019 then got an email in Feb2020 saying it was going up. Sky denied they had ever offered such a contract but luckily I had the screen shot. After many phone calls and sending pictures, they agreed and said it had been extended for a further 12 months. What they had in fact done is only given the discount for an extra 1 month. Again, many phone calls and they said it had been rectified. Come this month and it's gone up again, they had only given the further discount for 6 months. To be frank, I can't be bothered going through the whole rigmarole of asking them to honour their promise so I'm going to get on to their cancellation/retentions department and take it from there. It shouldn't be so stressful just trying to watch TV.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
I have had replies on chat meant for other customers.
I also had Sky chat operatives telling me 'just to let you know I will be away from my desk for 15 minutes' or 'just to let you know I am taking a scheduled break for 30 minutes' and other reasons to disappear in the middle of a chat session.

A lot of customers don't realise chat operatives are dealing with multiple queries at once.
It is brain frazzling to be honest even using two monitors , those breaks are essential. I did shifts on it for a couple of months (mixed with phone shifts) and heaved a sight of relief when the experiment ended.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We’ve decided to leave.

We don’t like that people get different prices for the same package and you have to speak to someone for over an hour to get a deal offered that is actually more than even the offers page says for existing customers.

Why can’t you add new offers as an existing customer out of contract to a basket, add it up, and check out. Why do you have to speak to someone for over an hour to be charged more at the end of the day than you can get if you read through all their “offers”.

Just from responses to this thread people are having to keep chat threads etc, as proof of offers they are being given.

We don’t get any of this with anything else we have, mobiles, energy bills etc. We see the deals available to everyone and pick one offered to all that suits us individually. Same price.

So it seems to be down to how lucky people are with an operator they get with Sky.

We’ve had enough of this grief every time our contract comes round.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
We’ve decided to leave.

We don’t like that people get different prices for the same package and you have to speak to someone for over an hour to get a deal offered that is actually more than even the offers page says for existing customers.

Why can’t you add new offers as an existing customer out of contract to a basket, add it up, and check out. Why do you have to speak to someone for over an hour to be charged more at the end of the day than you can get if you read through all their “offers”.

Just from responses to this thread people are having to keep chat threads etc, as proof of offers they are being given.

We don’t get any of this with anything else we have, mobiles, energy bills etc. We see the deals available to everyone and pick one offered to all that suits us individually. Same price.

So it seems to be down to how lucky people are with an operator they get with Sky.

We’ve had enough of this grief every time our contract comes round.
I agree with all of this. We have been Sky customers for years. We dont have sport or cinema, very basic. TV, wifi, phone, we pay £55. Every year it goes up, every year DH sits on the phone for hours trying to get it down to something that makes economic sense. It's time wasting and I just don't see why its necessary in this day and age. We've decided at the end of this contract, we're done with Sky.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List