Notices

Old 9 Apr 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This ... With A Difference - March/April 2019 - Day 7

This morning we were all awake around 8.30am. We decided as it was our last full day at wilderness lodge we would try for breakfast at whispering canyon cafe. I looked on my disney experience and managed to get a 9.15am reservation. We got ourselves sorted and headed down there. We checked in and were seated pretty quickly. There were plenty of antics going on around us, servers embarrassing their tables and ketchup being carted around from table to table on request.

Our server took our drinks order first, I had a coke, Dd an apple juice and DH had coffee.

We knew what we wanted to eat from checking the menu before coming down from our room. DH and I were both having the skillet and Dd wanted the oatmeal with a side of fruit. We waited and waited and eventually the biscuit and gravy were brought out and a pot of maple syrup. We then waited and waited some more before the rest arrived. It took ages!

When the skillet arrived the contents were cold, we were that hungry and our server was literally nowhere to be seen we just got on and ate it. The skillet had bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, Mickey waffles and breakfast potatoes. The food was ok, but cold.

Dd had oatmeal which she topped with sugar, syrup and dried cranberries and really enjoyed.

Our server came over and asked if everything was ok and I told him that no to be honest it was pretty cold, he apologised and about 5 minutes later we had a fresh skillet and everything was piping hot. It was just a shame the first one hadn't been like this. We managed to finish most of this one between us too so least we finished on a high.

Whispering canyon does 10% dvc discount so totally was $54.23 pretty expensive for breakfast but it bad for on property.

After we paid up we grabbed our stuff for the day and headed out to Epcot, before leaving I managed to grab us a fastpass for 11.25am for frozen ever after. We arrived at Epcot and made our way to Norway via club cool where we sampled the different coke products. We were well within our fastpass return time when we arrived and once scanned in I made us w further fastpasses for two of the tier 2 rides. After frozen DH wanted to watch reflections of China so he took Dd to watch that while I walked back to the start of the wild showcase and got a tropical slush topped with mango pieces from one of the flower and garden food booths. This was $4.75 and really refreshing! The weather today was a lot hotter than it had been upto now.

e carried on round the world showcase and when we got to Germany we called into karamel kuche for a pecan caramel bar, this was $4.75 but they do 20% passholder discount. I saved this for abit later as I was still stuffed from breakfast. We continued on to japan where we had a look in the mitsukoshi shop and then round to the start of the world showcase plaza. My feet were starting to hurt abit but now so we stopped off at the kids play park just after Canada. Dd had 20 minutes or so in here and really enjoyed it.

While having a sit in the shade I managed to get Dd and DH a fastpass for test track, as our other 2 fastpasses had expired I was now able to book another tier 1. They went off to ride test track and I took this opportunity to visit the dvc lounge, it was pretty busy in here this afternoon, lots of people with the same idea to escape the heat for a while.

DH messaged me when they had ridden test track and I met them outside of the figment ride, as I was waiting for them I made a start on my pecan caramel bar and Dd helped me out when she arrived.

We decided we'd done enough in Epcot for today and were wanting to return to Disney springs so thought as it was Saturday we would be best get there early. We parked on the top levels of the orange parking garage and there were still
Plenty of spaces when we arrived just after 4pm. We walked up to the top end by splitsville and Dd called into the Star Wars shop and bought herself a lightsaber. She's wanted one for a while and DH is thrilled she's showing an interest in Star Wars. After this was purchased we walked over past the Edison and onto the Joffrey shop where we bought a couple of bags of their coffee, it's not badly priced especially when you take off the 20% passholder discount.

We were feeling hungry by now so I suggested blaze pizza. This reminds me of a subway style pizza shop. We ordered 2 pizzas between us, first up was a red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni and pineapple.

The other was a red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, salami and spicy sausage. These pizzas are cooked in 180 seconds and were absolutely amazing! Some of the best pizza I have ever tasted. They were $9.95 each which we thought was incredible value. We also got a fountain drink to share and the total came to Just under $25. We were all really impressed with blaze and it's somewhere we would definitely come back to.

We walked round towards marketplace end of Disney springs and settled on getting a sundae to share from Ghirardelli, we chose the crissy fields sundae, this was cookie and cream and vanilla ice cream, fudge sauce, whipped cream, chocolate chip cookie pieces and 2 chocolate caramel Ghirardelli squares. We also paid an extra 50 cents for a Cherry on the top for Dd!

This came to $13.17 after discount and it was more than enough between 3 of us, we only just managed to finish it off.

After this we were torn what to do, I felt like I needed to change my shoes to stand any chance of making it through this evening, so we drove back to wilderness lodge and I changed my footwear. It was 6.30pm now and our plan was to go over to magic kingdom for the evening and hopefully see happily ever after, we decided to give the boat a go rather than drive and only had a short wait for one to come when we arrived at the dock. We got to MK and our first port of call was the use our tinkerbell fastpass I had gotten for us. This was our first instance of using the automated if cameras for a character meet and greet and I stood in front of it for the first two shots as I didn't know it was there 😂

Next is was a fastpass for the princess meet and greet, but we had about a 20 minute wait so we queued for the carousel as this is one of DDs favourites. Then it was along to meet elena and Cinderella. When we came out it was raining abit and there was lightening in the area, we decided the philharmagic would be a good choice as it was right next door and would keep us out of the rain. Before heading into the theatre I picked us up a fastpass for dumbo in 15 minutes time, it was currently closed for inclement weather, however if you hold a fastpass for a closed ride it changes to a multiple experience fastpass that can be used for any ride in the park (except seven draws and meeting Mickey and Minnie). We love 💗 philharmagic and I can't help but sing along to it. When we came out of the theatre our fastpass had indeed been changed to a multiple experience one and I booked us another, my plan was to get 3-4 of these so we could just choose what rides to fastpass after the fireworks. We wandered down to Main Street to watch them however the announcement came that they were delayed due to the weather which we weren't exactly surprised about. We decided rather than stand endlessly waiting for them we would sack them off for tonight and use our fastpasses for some rides. First up we walked over to haunted mansion, I love this ride at night it gives it such a good atmosphere.

When we got off this we walked round to it's a small world, another classic that we all enjoyed.

Next was the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Dd loves the play area in the queue here so we went in there for a little play first, we were disappointed to see a lot of the mini attractions are now broken 🙁. After riding Winnie the Pooh we were aware it was after 10.30pm and we would have to think about leaving the park soon as it closed at 11pm. We decided on one final ride on buzz lightest space ranger spin. We got stuck about 2/3 of the way through the ride which enabled us to rack up loads of points and we managed 999,999 galactic hero status. Kinda cheating I know, but probably the only time I will manage it 😂
After we got off here we made our way down Main Street and out of the park, we could see a boat at the dock for wilderness lodge and weren't hopeful of making it, however the captain saw us coming and waited and opened the gates/ropes for us to climb on board which we were really thankful for as it was now spitting quite heavy. The boat was really quiet considering it was park closing and we were back at wilderness lodge in no time, we were straight to bed absolutely shattered.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 9 Apr 19 3:21 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Another fabulous day! A shame your skillet was cold, but good that they got you another one, I have this on my list to do next time we go to Florida.

And Blaze pizza is another firm favourite of ours, it just tastes amazing I think! Am not usually a fan of pizza either but its so tasty. I loved that they sold mini bottles of wine too

Have been looking forward to this update

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another fantastic day with fast passes and getting loads done. Such a late night too.
Old 10 Apr 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was a great day with lots done

Joan