Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 2 May 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We didn't get married at Disney but in Eustis (about an 1 hour 30 min drive from davenport). It was a lovely chapel called' Chapel of Love' . It was a beautiful place, and only cost about $350 for a package, we hired a limo to take us and pick us up. My sister came with us and they themselves got married in the same place last year 💗
This is where we are getting married too. It looks lovely and the new owner is so nice.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We got married on AMI on the beach. Just us and a few friends. My family are all at war with one another so we’d put it off for years.
It was perfect. No stress and a beautiful sunset ☺️
Good luck with your search
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fleur_charms View Post
We're getting married at the Polynesian in September. We're doing the Memories package through Disney so you can only have 4 guests + the couple. The package price is $3,500 which includes a limo, an hours photography, flowers and a violinist. You have to have a minimum of two nights stay on property. It doesn't include the extra such as the registrar, any extra photography etc. An MK portrait session is around the $2000 mark and you don't get to choose your photographer, you have to have who Disney allocate you.
My bffs did just this in July this year. It was amazing and well worth every penny. They chose the wedding album instead of the limousine and its is beautiful. The celebrant they used was Renee Silverman. She helped get the marriage certificate and talked them through everything by email. She was so helpful. We all had a brilliant day and went to the firework dessert party at mk in the evening.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We got married in Disney 11 years ago now
Marrow at wedding pavilion
Reception at living seas in Epcot
Dessert party lower U.K. pavilion
Amazing experience
We stayed in the main building grand Floridian club level for two weeks
And as a added bonus came home with a honeymoon baby! Lol (who’s now nearly 11! Followed by his brother and twin sisters )
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We didn't get married at Disney but in Eustis (about an 1 hour 30 min drive from davenport). It was a lovely chapel called' Chapel of Love' . It was a beautiful place, and only cost about $350 for a package, we hired a limo to take us and pick us up. My sister came with us and they themselves got married in the same place last year 💗
We got married here too. We wanted something special and intimate as it was supposed to be just us . We ended up with seven guests , both close family and friends from the US . It was lovely , very special and very personal. All those Disney restrictions would have irritated me.
Took us forty minutes from Disney to drive there, I'm not sure why it was so much longer from Davenport.

Edited at 11:19 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

We "eloped" and got married at the Disney Wedding Pavilion much better to spend the money on ourselves than have a party for loads of people we hardly know.

We had the carriage to the wedding pavilion, then got married looking out at the castle with a small champagne reception at the grand floridian.

If my wife were here she'd remind me to mention that as we were getting photos taken on the grand staircase, a little girl said to her mum "look mum it's a princess! will she live in the castle now" mega cute. We had the wedding dinner at Victoria and Albert, which couldn't have been more perfect.

The next day we booked a Magic kingdom fairytale photo shoot. At about 5am they collected us in a limo from our hotel and took us to the Magic Kingdom. We got to turn on the castle lights etc. and get loads of photos with just us in our wedding outfits and the park all to ourselves. Of all the wedding memories I think the photo shoot was probably my fave.

It wasn't cheap BUT in fairness, they did reduce it because we already had accommodation booked and we had annual passes, so we didnt need parts of the package.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynn
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Originally Posted by tunnie12345 View Post
We got married at paradise cove last year, was perfect they tailored it exactly the way we wanted and was very cheap. We even decided against decorations as there were only 6 of us and they left the ones up from the huge wedding earlier ion the day... was great
Hi, I'm getting married in October this year at paradise cove. Can I ask what you did after ceremony, looking for ideas on where to have nice meal after ceremony.
Lynn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We got married at the wedding pavilion back in 1998 - we had Cinderella’s coach, doves released, Mickey and Minnie for our first dance and chip n Dale (my all time favourites) to help cut our cake! We also went into the Magic Kingdom when the park was closed for a photo shoot by the castle and in Fantasyland which was lovely.

We had 25 family and friends join us and had our reception and honeymoon at the Grand Floridian - a truly wonderful experience!

Edited at 10:11 PM.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylover1981
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

I got married on the boardwalk in 2016. It was amazing, completely stress free as we were assigned an amazing wedding planner. If you have any specific questions then I would be happy to help.
Disneylover1981 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hi, I'm getting married in October this year at paradise cove. Can I ask what you did after ceremony, looking for ideas on where to have nice meal after ceremony.
DD got married at Paradus Cove two years ago this June. We stayed at the Yacht Club for a couple of nights and had the wedding meal at the Yachtsman. The non disney photographer even persuaded one of the disney launch captains to use his boat for some photos.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List