Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Oct 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Boots 3 for 2 not on this year ?

Is this right Boots aren’t doing the 3 for 2 on gifts this year ? Just been in town and everything is 25% off instead. To be fair I don’t like the 3 for 2 anyway because I only ever seem to be able to find 2 things ! 25% off though- why don’t they just charge the right price in the first place make it easier for everyone !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sure I read that somewhere.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
That's strange as was a 3 for 2 over a month ago as I posted about it on 9/9 but looks like it's been withdrawn - this statement is on the website "Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, but let’s face it, sometimes it can be hard on your bank balance. That’s why you’ll always find great offers at Boots such as 3 for 2 on incredible Christmas gifts but this year we've decided to shake it up with 25% off a selection of incredible gifts you'll be proud to give. Dive into a sack full of wonderful gifts at 25% off and make this a festive season to remember."

While I've not bought much in the 3 for 2 over the last few years as often cheaper buying elsewhere they have really decreased the discount from 33% to 25% so great if you only wanted one item but if buying 3 or more will work out dearer.

Edited at 06:01 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

They had 3 for 2 on recently too!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I havent seen 3 for 2 in argos either. Same old gift sets in boots, just 25 % instead of 3 for 2, not really getting the urge to spend this year! Maybe a good thing - LOL!
Old 26 Oct 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Daughter bought a few Lynx and Dove gift sets today from Superdrug. Only £2.79 each and also on 3 for 2.
Bargains may be scarce this year !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Mobile

That is really odd as it was 3 for 2 as I had items ready for the points event next weekend!

I wont be buying if not 3 for 2.
Old 26 Oct 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
That is really odd as it was 3 for 2 as I had items ready for the points event next weekend!

I wont be buying if not 3 for 2.
Same here Jakey, I was waiting till next Friday for the points event.

They definitely have had 3 for 2 up until recently as I bought 3 birthday gifts for 2 friends that were requested from the Christmas gift catalogue lol, that was about 2 weeks ago as it was when I got paid lol.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

No boots 3 for 2 WHAT?
That’s a Christmas tradition lol I have picked out 3 items for my daughter already.
How strange
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I think most items have the parcel sticker so i think they will have a few odd "events" of 3 for 2 if sales are lacking! They can just announce and drop the sale when they want/need rather than all the time. I think that i wont be spending much this year!