Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Aug 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Went shopping this morning and was moaning to a woman about the Christmas items on sale already. Then bought something! First present out of the way!
Hoping my DSis books up a November Florida trip soon, and then give her my shopping list!
I’m waiting for a BA sale. If there isn’t one, you’ll have to go shopping in Chelmsford 😂😂😂
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
You’re a bit late, I usually start mine on Boxing Day to make sure they’re perfect...
I can smell them. 🤢
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I start straight away after Xmas - I buy stuff in the sales and put them away up in the loft with the Xmas decs; then add to the stash through the year.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I bought some Funko Pops last month when popinabox had a sale and have some stocking fillers. Eldest DS and his GF are going to Tenerife in January and I have leftover Euro's from last year so they are sorted ! I was hoping to pick up quite a few bits when we are in Orlando but with the poor exchange rate a lot of things are no longer much cheaper so might not be as successful as usual.

Edited at 08:31 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I like the sound of this! In the past, I’ve used the note app on my phone under the guise of ‘Work’.

I always start putting money away in January for Christmas. That way I don’t have a massive stress in December. Especially as now the boys are older. Their gifts seem way more expensive and come in tiny packages! 😂

So in answer to the original question I start thinking about it in January!

I have bought a couple of things for DH that I’ve seen in the sale and my brother also.

Edited to add: What is the app called please?
Sorry only just saw this. It's called "gift list"
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
Been asking the kids what they may like this year. Ds13 has no idea (any ideas please?!) Dd8 wants lego and a 3d pen.

Also wanting to do some decorating before Christmas. I'm going to paint my kitchen cupboards and freshen up the lounge, touch up some paint work too.
You can look at my sons list!
My 13 son has made a nice little list already;
Ear AirPods
I pad pro & pen
Apple Watch
Cross trainer
Weights & bench
Exercise bike
Dad to build shed/gym in back garden
Vapermax trainers
North face jacket
Clothes, under armour, north face, berghaus
Gaming chair
Gaming computer, gaming mouse
Lots of chocolate including Lindt
And lots of surprises

We are going to have to brake it to him that unless we win the lottery he won’t be getting everything on his list.
Poor lad has no idea on how much things are, he has learning problems and adhd & asd 💕
Last year we gave him $50 for his birthday to take on holiday and he was convinced he was going to buy the latest I phone with it.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ll probably work Xmas day this year and have Boxing Day off and lounge around and order a dominos! I normally love Xmas but just really fancy a year off doing xmas this year and now the kids are getting older they aren’t so bothered about presents and roast lunch etc so it will be interesting to do something different.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
glad to see its noit just me, I bought all the wrapping paper in the sales last year so thats sorted
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
You’re a bit late, I usually start mine on Boxing Day to make sure they’re perfect...
Your house must smell like a nursing home with those bubbling away 😂
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
You can look at my sons list!
My 13 son has made a nice little list already;
Ear AirPods
I pad pro & pen
Apple Watch
Cross trainer
Weights & bench
Exercise bike
Dad to build shed/gym in back garden
Vapermax trainers
North face jacket
Clothes, under armour, north face, berghaus
Gaming chair
Gaming computer, gaming mouse
Lots of chocolate including Lindt
And lots of surprises

We are going to have to brake it to him that unless we win the lottery he won’t be getting everything on his list.
Poor lad has no idea on how much things are, he has learning problems and adhd & asd 💕
Last year we gave him $50 for his birthday to take on holiday and he was convinced he was going to buy the latest I phone with it.
My 8 year old has ASD and she thinks she's getting every lego friends set ever made for Xmas this year! She adores it, watches video after video of the sets being made on YouTube too. Thing is they're sets from years ago so I'm trying to keep my eye on eBay for them!

Does your son go to the gym? Mine's recently joined with his dad, seems to help his teenage grumps and has been helping him sleep a bit better!
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List