Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 2 Oct 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

My youngest, who is 6, is having a little cd player for her room as she likes listening to story CDs while she plays. Eldest, who is 13, has no idea what she would like and neither have I! Both like to collect funko pops so will get a couple of those each. I'm wary of buying anything disney related for them or Harry Potter as we are going to florida nov/dec time and I dont know what they will buy there!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
My eldest is a gaming desktop (he is using his money towards it) I will be ordering parts and he will build it himself (he is 14) my DD1 wants a candy floss machine, DD2 wants a GoPro type camera I got her a cheaper version, DD3 wants a Lama.
This is what my 14 year old us wanting too, he will need to contribute a large chunk towards it though as the parts are expensive! I think it's great that they will build their own PC though.
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Any ideas for my soon to be 11 year old would be very much appreciated.
In the past, I’ve always been lucky as he’s only ever wanted one main gift ( not the type to put twenty things on his Santa list that end up in the trash in 5 days.) Anyway, the only thing he is interested in is gaming and he already has a PS4, Nintendo Switch, DS, Vita which he has accumulated over the years. He doesn’t know what he wants. I don’t know what he wants. It’s going to be one empty sack on Christmas morning at this rate. I’ve suggested a new bike, more up to date iPad, vlogging camera for our holiday next summer, Fitbit type watch but he’s not really keen on any suggestions.
I know I should be grateful he doesn’t want something for the sake of it but I’m stumped. 🤷🏼
What about a gaming chair?
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

My dd(8) never knows what to put on her list... this year she has asked for anything Harry Potter and surprises! I think we will be going down the route of Harry P lego but other than that I’m not sure. If we weren’t going to universal next August I think I’d probably have purchased tickets for the HP studios.
One of her favourite bday gifts was a black google home, and we got her a Mickey head dock for it. It looks fab! She loves streaming music in her room but also enjoys using it as an intercom type system to speak to us in the kitchen which is rather ridiculous considering how tiny our house is, lol )
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Any ideas for my soon to be 11 year old would be very much appreciated.
In the past, I’ve always been lucky as he’s only ever wanted one main gift ( not the type to put twenty things on his Santa list that end up in the trash in 5 days.) Anyway, the only thing he is interested in is gaming and he already has a PS4, Nintendo Switch, DS, Vita which he has accumulated over the years. He doesn’t know what he wants. I don’t know what he wants. It’s going to be one empty sack on Christmas morning at this rate. I’ve suggested a new bike, more up to date iPad, vlogging camera for our holiday next summer, Fitbit type watch but he’s not really keen on any suggestions.
I know I should be grateful he doesn’t want something for the sake of it but I’m stumped. 🤷🏼
Is there any kind of day out / experience that you could purchase?... my niece is very into art and craft so my sister got her some art lessons that they went to together - she absolutely loved that and it was quality time for just her and mom together
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
My dd(8) never knows what to put on her list... this year she has asked for anything Harry Potter and surprises! I think we will be going down the route of Harry P lego but other than that I’m not sure. If we weren’t going to universal next August I think I’d probably have purchased tickets for the HP studios.
One of her favourite bday gifts was a black google home, and we got her a Mickey head dock for it. It looks fab! She loves streaming music in her room but also enjoys using it as an intercom type system to speak to us in the kitchen which is rather ridiculous considering how tiny our house is, lol )
The studios are fab, it's all props and sets from the film - quite different to what its like in florida!
I think I saw that amazon has the night bus for £27.99 at the moment which is a good price!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
The studios are fab, it's all props and sets from the film - quite different to what its like in florida!
I think I saw that amazon has the night bus for £27.99 at the moment which is a good price!
Thanks MillyMoo! I’ll take a look at the knight bus!
That’s interesting about the studios... do you think it would ‘spoil’ the context for dd if she’s only read the first 3 books?- I’m making her hold off a little bit as the books get darker and I’m not sure she’s quite ready for that, and I would want any ‘spoilers’ ruining anything for her iyswim
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

you could get her one of the harry potter subscription boxes or make one yourself so its like a mystery box full of little harry potter things, you could get some fun/personalised harry potter t-shirts from Etsy for her to wear to the parks next year.
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
you could get her one of the harry potter subscription boxes or make one yourself so its like a mystery box full of little harry potter things, you could get some fun/personalised harry potter t-shirts from Etsy for her to wear to the parks next year.
Love that idea! We’re not actually telling dd about our Florida trip until New Year’s Day, but I LOVE the idea of a mystery box so I’ll definitely utilise that at some point! Thank you
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks MillyMoo! I’ll take a look at the knight bus!
That’s interesting about the studios... do you think it would ‘spoil’ the context for dd if she’s only read the first 3 books?- I’m making her hold off a little bit as the books get darker and I’m not sure she’s quite ready for that, and I would want any ‘spoilers’ ruining anything for her iyswim
Wellllll, my eldest was 12 when she went to the studios (on a school trip!) in all honesty I didnt want her to go before she had seen all of the films! As it's completely parts from the films, and some sets too, I thought if she hadn't seen the films then she wouldnt appreciate what she was seeing if that makes sense?! I was completely in awe at all of it and kind of wanted her to feel the same, rather than just seeing stuff!