Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Oct 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

My brother and I had to share a picture only advent calendar too. I got to open the odd numbers as my birthday is on the 3rd.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
My brother and I had to share a picture only advent calendar too. I got to open the odd numbers as my birthday is on the 3rd.
There were 3 of us! Imagine the disagreements
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Who’d want an air wick advent calendar? Weird.
Do Febreze and Domestos make them too?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Well I'm clearly in the minority as I bought this last year, and will be buying again this year. It had some nice scents in it and you could actually smell it from the tea light burning, unlike the Yankee candle tealights which give no scent at all.
We used to get the yankee candle advent calendar however stopped a couple of years ago. We dont use Yankee candle at all now as we find the scents didnt last as long, and the last few jar candles we got didn't burn evenly and were a waste of money. They seem to have changed their formula also as Yankee candle give me constant headaches.
We burn Air Wick and Wickford & Co from home bargains now.

We dont buy Chocolate calendars, and I still have my traditional advent calendar from my childhood with a picture behind each door.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
Well I'm clearly in the minority as I bought this last year, and will be buying again this year. It had some nice scents in it and you could actually smell it from the tea light burning, unlike the Yankee candle tealights which give no scent at all.
We used to get the yankee candle advent calendar however stopped a couple of years ago. We dont use Yankee candle at all now as we find the scents didnt last as long, and the last few jar candles we got didn't burn evenly and were a waste of money. They seem to have changed their formula also as Yankee candle give me constant headaches.
We burn Air Wick and Wickford & Co from home bargains now.

We dont buy Chocolate calendars, and I still have my traditional advent calendar from my childhood with a picture behind each door.
Well maybe they are different in Ireland because that one I saw was very overpowering, made me cough
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Mobile

I saw this on sale today in Sligo! Thought it was a great idea and nearly bought it.

What do I know! 😂
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Well maybe they are different in Ireland because that one I saw was very overpowering, made me cough
Fair enough it wasn't for you, but I actually bought mine in England last year while visiting my brother so nothing to do with where I live.

I find lots of things in these lines overpowering especially the likes of Scentsy, but I wouldn't make fun of other people who do like them. All I would say its not for me.
The likes of yankee candle, they give me headaches when being burnt, infact even when passing by theyr shop I feel ill, but I wouldn't make fun of others or attempt to put them down for using them.

Edited at 10:37 PM.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
I saw this on sale today in Sligo! Thought it was a great idea and nearly bought it.

What do I know! 😂
I say give it a go, better finding out whether you like it or not yourself, instead of going by the opinions of others who make fun of people who do like them.

I loved mine last year, think there were 2 tealights that I wasnt keen on but I just put them in our outside lantern to burn.
I definitely preferred it to the Yankee candle one tbh.
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
Fair enough it wasn't for you, but I actually thought mine in England last year while visiting my brother so nothing to do with where I live.

I find lots of things in these lines overpowering especially the likes of Scentsy, but I wouldn't make fun of other people who do like them. All I would say its not for me.
The likes of yankee candle, they give me headaches when being burnt, but I wouldn't make fun of others or attempt to put them down for using them.
It was a light hearted thread, nobody is making fun.
If you don’t like it don’t post
Old 16 Oct 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
It was a light hearted thread, nobody is making fun.
If you don’t like it don’t post
No need to be so rude.
Thought this was a thread for EVERYONE to post their thoughts I clearly missed the memo of its only certain people who can post in here.

If you dont like my posts or opinions no need to reply, just move on, but theres definitely no need for the cheeky reply to my post.