Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 21 Oct 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine have one each, they get new pjs, chocolate and usually a dvd.
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
I've never ever heard of a Christmas Eve box! I'm totally mad about Christmas too... this sounds brilliant!

Is it a tradition from a certain part of the uk ? Is it a box each for each person to open on Christmas eve or one big box?
It’s fairly new for our house hold. There is a ten year difference in my children and when our youngest came along the older two wanted to start some new traditions for him so we started doing ‘Elf on the shelf’ and the Christmas Eve box
My husband is in charge of buddy the Elf so the rest of us have to find him every morning.
Our Christmas Eve box is filled with items I would get in for over Christmas anyway, nice Christmas biscuits in a tin or box, boxes of matchmakers (we had these when I was young so they are a must at Christmas time) chocolates etc
So I don’t spend a lot on it but the kids love it 😍
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
My youngest has one. I put in new pj’s, cosy socks, mug and hot chocolate, book, chocolate, biscuit baking mix. He has a new cuddly toy waiting for him on the top. We make the biscuits and watch a Christmas film drinking hot chocolate in the afternoon on Christmas Eve.
I love the biscuit baking mix idea! That would be great to bake in the afternoon and the smell of baking biscuits! Yum yum !
It would have to be a simple kit because I am certainly not a baker lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

Forgot to add, that my eldest DS who is 24 isn’t left out, he gets new lounge pants, hot choc and sweets, but not in a box.
I do the same for my eldest son also...he is 44!
We did not do Christmas eve boxes years ago so love doing it now.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I love the biscuit baking mix idea! That would be great to bake in the afternoon and the smell of baking biscuits! Yum yum !
It would have to be a simple kit because I am certainly not a baker lol
I usually get the biscuit mix from a packet and decant it in to a kilner jar, so it looks nicer! If you do this, remember to put the empty packet somewhere safe so you can refer to the instructions. I have also added chocolate chips or smarties on top of the mix as it looks nice and adds to the cookies.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Mine always had new pjs on Christmas Eve but these were their Christmas present from their God Mother who'd come a few days before with them, usually some lovely character ones, I'd do the same for her son too .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I usually get the biscuit mix from a packet and decant it in to a kilner jar, so it looks nicer! If you do this, remember to put the empty packet somewhere safe so you can refer to the instructions. I have also added chocolate chips or smarties on top of the mix as it looks nice and adds to the cookies.
I think I may be stealing that idea 😂
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Floridatilly, your xmas eve box is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! I really like some in the ideas on this thread ... I used to do a xmas eve box but last year I switched it to an advent box instead... I love my daughter’s Xmas pjs and so want her to get plenty of wear out of them. I’ll also include xmas slippers, advent calendar and some treats (including things for the dog, lol) . We have our xmas dinner on xmas eve so dd doesn’t have much room left for goodies etc on xmas eve!
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Our Elf Simon Sparkle goes home Christmas Eve morning to help Santa , so he leaves new PJ's, a DVD (or a book this year as we tend to watch films on Netflix/Sky) and a selection box.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am from Scandinavia where the tradition is to celebrate Xmas on the 24th incl presents in the evening (delivered by Father Christmas in person - unfortunately dad or grandad always misses him &#128521.

Our kids are born and grown up in UK so we have adopted the British tradition of getting the presents on Cmas morning.

But to keep a little bit of Scandinavian heritage we let the Elf in the shelf leave a jute bag behind with some presents such as:

Christmas PJs
Books
Christmas socks or underwear
Chocolate
Family game