Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 14 Jun 24, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetchunks
Getting Excited

Saw The Wizard of Oz! In Birmingham yesterday. It was really well done, we all loved it.
sweetchunks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 24, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tre85 View Post
Recently saw 2:22 A Ghost Story in Hull and I have to say I was really impressed with it. No spoilers but I REALLY need to watch it again! If you know, you know!
I saw it in Norwich
Thought it was great
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 24, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
So pleased to see this, Iím going on the 7th July!
Youíll love it. Myself and my daughter are going to book again for later this year, luckily we donít live too far away.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 24, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

We saw 2.22 on Monday eve at the lowry, really enjoyed it.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 24, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Iím trying to wangle an early departure from work before we head to the airport hotel so we can kick of the holiday with Oklahoma at the Theatre Royal.
Weíve been so busy that weíve seen absolutely nothing since Christmas!
I need to get to 2 strangers and kiss me Kate too

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 24, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Have had a lovely weekend
Saturday I went to our local amateur dramatic society production.
They did Murder on the Nile which was a play written by Agatha Christie based on her Death on the Nile book. Very similar to the book and the film apart from it didnít have Poirot in it.
It was an excellent production and really fast moving.
Tonight Iíve just returned from ĎAn Audience with Toby Jonesí at Frinton Summer Theatre which was really good
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 24, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie65
Excited about Disney

Down seeing my daughter at the weekend and managed to fit in hadestown on Sunday afternoon, really enjoyed it .
Annie65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 24, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Took a trip to London this weekend with my daughter to see two shows.

On Friday evening we saw Standing at the Skys Edge - I loved it and would definitely see it again. It tells the tale of three families across different decades living in the iconic Park Hill flats in Sheffield, and features music by Richard Hawley. I have seen it described as more of a play with music than a traditional musical, and Iíd agree with this. Loved the way they intertwined the different stories, the Northern humour, didnít sugarcoat the social history elements, and the band were excellent. It finishes in early August.

On Saturday, a total contrast, we saw the matinee of Guys and Dolls. I have watched the film a few times, and really enjoyed the show. The cast and musicians were all excellent and Sit Down Youíre Rocking the Boat was as good as I thought it would be. Probably controversial, but I didnít really like it having a standing audience - I found it really distracting when the crew kept shuffling groups backwards and forwards to allow the stage sections to rise and fall. I was glad we didnít choose those tickets. The seats we chose had a great view so thanks for the advice Abby.

All in all a great 36 hours.

Edited at 03:04 PM.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 24, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Annie65 View Post
Down seeing my daughter at the weekend and managed to fit in hadestown on Sunday afternoon, really enjoyed it .
I saw that a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 24, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Took a trip to London this weekend with my daughter to see two shows.

On Friday evening we saw Standing at the Skys Edge - I loved it and would definitely see it again. It tells the tale of three families across different decades living in the iconic Park Hill flats in Sheffield, and features music by Richard Hawley. I have seen it described as more of a play with music than a traditional musical, and Iíd agree with this. Loved the way they intertwined the different stories, the Northern humour, didnít sugarcoat the social history elements, and the band were excellent. It finishes in early August. The only thing I wasnít keen on was for a few songs they used handheld microphones.

On Saturday, a total contrast, we saw the matinee of Guys and Dolls. I have watched the film a few times, and really enjoyed the show. The cast and musicians were all excellent and Sit Down Youíre Rocking the Boat was as good as I thought it would be. Probably controversial, but I didnít really like it having a standing audience - I found it really distracting when the crew kept shuffling groups backwards and forwards to allow the stage sections to rise and fall. I was glad we didnít choose those tickets. The seats we chose had a great view so thanks for the advice Abby.

All in all a great 36 hours.
Sounds like a great trip. Itís nice to go on a theatre trip with someone else who appreciates theatre.

I recently did the same with my daughter who loves musical theatre and did our first 2 shows in a day trip.

Edited at 07:50 AM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List