Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 24, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Reddite
Earning My Ears

What part of holiday to book one night in Universal Premier Hotel?

We've booked to stay on site at Disney (CSR) next year from Wednesday 14th - Saturday 31st May 2025. The holiday will be two adults and my 7 year old daughter. We went to Disney only (not Universal) in 2022 and tended to rope drop and do half days in the parks before chilling in the afternoon.

As well as going to Disney in May 2025, we plan to buy the 14 day Universal park tickets and then book one night in a Universal Premier hotel. Our thoughts are to visit the Universal parks once before having the express passes, to take in the atmosphere and maybe a few rides/shows with sensible queues, etc, before trying to focus more on rides with the express passes.

We're currently thinking to either book Thursday 22nd May 2025 to get the express passes on the Thursday/Friday of that week, or book Tuesday 25th May 2025 to get the express passed on the Tuesday/Wednesday of that week - avoiding the weekend and Monday, which I think is Memorial weekend and may be a 'waste' if the parks are extra busy.

So I'm looking for some advice please on which days to pick for the express passes, or alternative suggestions of how we should approach this.

FYI - our 7 year old is a bit of a thrill seeker (she went on Tower of Terror about 5 times when she was 4) and will enjoy any ride she can get on - she's currently 124cm tall without shoes. Plus, mum/dad would like to visit Universal too.
Reddite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 24, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

We was there a few week ago and noticed it was really busy about 2 days before memorial weekend started, so I would go with the earlier date.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 24, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I wouldn't go on either of those to be honest. Your second date is too close to Memorial Day and you may well find the parks are still busy. The earlier date is better, but if I only had a couple of days in a park, I wouldn't choose Thursday or Friday, I would go for earlier in the week.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 24, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Reddite
Earning My Ears

Okay, thank you both for the advice!
Reddite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 24, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

Definitely earlier in the week if possible
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 24, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
alanm
Serious Dibber

Our travel dates are very similar to yours, arriving a day earlier, we are going to do 2 nights at HRH, checking in early morning on the 20th May, we have been at this time before & the parks did get very busy the closer you get to Memorial weekend but tbh having the express passes makes a huge difference, I wouldnít be unduly worried about the dates youíve chosen, my personal preference would be to go 2 or 3 dayís earlier

May 25 isnít a Tuesday?

Edited at 09:17 PM.
alanm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 24, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Reddite
Earning My Ears

Looks like maybe doing Tuesday/Wednesday 20th/21st is better then.

It makes me think though - when Universal is busy are the express passes alot less effective? That seems to be in the inference in the advice to avoid the busier days.

When we went to Disney a couple of years ago it definitely felt that Genie+ was less effective when the parks were busier, so I'm wandering if Universal is the same.
Old 21 Jun 24, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
alanm
Serious Dibber

Think the parks generally get busier as you move towards any weekend. We didnít think it affected our wait times close to Memorial Day with xpress passes, think the pass holders are looked after by the attraction staff, everything was practically walk on, we love the Hulk, did it three times in the space of 30 minutes, if that, was slightly embarrassing walking past the same people multiple times, once you go the express pass route itís very difficult to return as a regular ticket holder only, the difference is like night & day, we used to take a break for a few hours by the hotel pool which is great to be able to do knowing you can go back in & not wait

Edited at 07:27 PM.
alanm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 24, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
slightly serious Dibber

We went near Memorial Day in May this year, we decided to put our universal premier night bang in the middle of the holiday, on a Monday night, on the basis that Monday and Tuesday would be excellent days to get the most value from express.

It also gave us still a few days to mop up anything we didnít get to do if we wanted to revisit.

It actually all worked perfectly and we rode everything multiple times including Hagrids!

RPR was delightful too and and we even had an hour in the pool on the Monday.
JoeA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List