Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jun 24, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Police Ram Calf, Twice!

On Sky News, just googled the video. If you’ve not read/seen you should….
I’m certain they hadn’t exhausted all other options before this…
Thoughts?
Old 15 Jun 24, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
On Sky News, just googled the video. If you’ve not read/seen you should….
I’m certain they hadn’t exhausted all other options before this…
Thoughts?
This video is horrific. Please don't watch as an animal lover.

Said they'd not contacted any farmers or RSPCA for help. Astounding

Edited at 07:19 PM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 24, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Norah22
slightly serious Dibber

Not seen the actual 'event' and have no desire to, I saw it mentioned on BBC news. I'm actually blazing mad at them. As far as I could see the public were not at risk, they needed to control the situation not subject this poor animal to this, give me the car keys and put them in front of me, I'll protect the public and the animals

Edited at 06:45 PM.
Norah22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 24, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Easy to be a 9 o'clock critic until the facts are known.

Looks more like a Cow to me. However my view is lets see what the investigation brings forth rather than making judgements over what could have been a proportinate response to what could have been a danger to the public. Or maybe not. Time will tell.

I don't support hanging people out to dry over social media and knee jerk reactions.

Lets bear in mind the Police shoot numerous loose cattle every year as they are a risk. And rightly so.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 06:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 24, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

Looks more like a Cow to me. However my view is lets see what the investigation brings forth rather than making judgements over what could have been a proportinate response to what could have been a danger to the public. Or maybe not. Time will tell.

I don't support hanging people out to dry over social media and knee jerk reactions.

Lets bear in mind the Police shoot numerous loose cattle every year as they are a risk. And rightly so.
I understand they have to shoot dangerous cattle/other animals.

It's inhumane to run down an animal in this way. There had to be another choice.

It will also be traumatic for the driver and their colleagues stood by observing too. Even if they felt ok with it their friends and family probably won't.

Awful decision.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 24, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As Tom above, there are some things that on face value without knowing the whole facts look appalling.

This cow would have been dispatched, loose cows are dangerous, we don’t know the availability of someone to do the job, usually armed response or a member of the public with the correct knowledge and firearm for the animal in question (I’m one in my area).

The pickup is part of the rural policing unit, they would have only done this as last resort, they wouldn’t have done it for fun.

Whilst looking over the top public safety is paramount to the situation and may have been the only way.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 24, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Nomis
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

With you 100% certainly if you have not seen this video surely you can’t comment on it !
Nomis is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 24, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Horrendous and very upsetting.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 24, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Whether it’s a calf or a cow, no one should be ramming it with a vehicle the way they did. It’s disgusting.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 24, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The happy update is that the cow got up, walked off and is now captured and recovering.

Standard procedure would have been to dispatch it, a one ton cow lost and disoriented wondering about in an unnatural environment was a disaster waiting to happen.

Rightly or wrongly the events that unfolded may have actually saved it.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List