Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 17 Jun 24, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Rio De Janeiro

All of you who follow me on Instagram (@fifty_and_flying) will already have seen most, if not all of this...

Amazing first day in Rio, we landed at 5am, I got 3 hours sleep then headed to the beach which is around 20 steps from the hotel, amazing!

Some time there before a couple of the girls also got up & joined me. Lunch in a beach bar was gorgeous, as was their made to order fresh poke & Caipirinhas!

Back to the hotel to shower, ready for our 3.40 pick up to head to the helicopter place for our sunset ride 🚁 🌅 which was just incredible. We were taken to our chopper in a golf cart.

5 of us first timers in total on this trip, the rest of the crew had already done it on previous trips so chose a sunset cruise instead. Our pilot took us out & along the beaches, we saw Ipanema beach, Copacobana beach, Sugarloaf mountain then the Christ the Redeemer statue, all with a backdrop of a breathtaking sunset. Just amazing & a bucket list item ticked off for me! (pictures aren't the best as they're taken through the helpcopter window!)

Off to a Churrasco - Brazilian steakhouse next which was absolutely delicious, the plates & skewers of freshly cooked steaks just kept coming! another Caipirinha of course! Total cost with tip was 32 each! Then off for an early night with the meat sweats!

Day 2

Up at 5 this am, like you are when you come this way!
I made myself a coffee in the room then wandered up to the rooftop pool for sunrise, which was of course, spectacular.

The wonderful Breno picked us up at 7.30 for our city tour. Breno is ex International cabin crew & does this pretty much daily for us all & he was just amazing, knew everyone, got us VIP entrance everywhere & avoided all crowds, total star!

Drive along the beach front stopping at some impressive view points, then up the big scary mountain to see Christ the Redeemer up close, SO impressive to see, with breathtaking views over Rio.

He took us to the famous steps, a view point to see Sugarloaf mountain, Copacobana beach - & we saw Copacobana Palace which the song is about, whilst listening to it of course. Ipanema beach, Barra beach with stops for shopping, lunch, cheese puffs & of course, Caipirinhas! We also saw the Favela where Fast & Furious was filmed.

Amazing day out seeing the best that Rio has to offer.

Back to the hotel for 4, showered & met up with more crew where 8 of us went to a beach bar, yep you guessed it, Caipirinhas whilst watching the stunning sunset.

Kiwi, lime and passionfruit Caipirinhas

I wimped out after that & came to crash for an early night.

Last day was spent at the beach, the shopping mall then the Churrasco before flying home. Next trip... Tokyo

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 09:18 AM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 24, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Wow! What an amazing trip you had!
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 24, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
Wow! What an amazing trip you had!
It certainly was, very lucky

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 24, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Wow what a brilliant trip! Thank you for sharing. Beautiful sights, sunrises & sunsets and some mighty fine capiranhas whats not to love?!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 24, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

WOW!
I love hearing about your travels x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 24, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

I've just looked on your Instagram page..can't believe how many places you've visited!
Old 17 Jun 24, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
I've just looked on your Instagram page..can't believe how many places you've visited!
Ive been very lucky with my trips 😊

Old 18 Jun 24, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Beautiful photos! I've done the helicopter too and going round the statue was just breathtaking, as was being on foot up there - a magical place. Those Caipirinhas are so strong

Just caught up on Instagram too - you made a brilliant decision

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco Road Trip 2016
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 24, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Better than a long day trip to Newcastle then
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 24, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What a fantastic trip and beautiful photos Jo! Im so hoping I get a Rio in before you lucky 350 lot get it in November!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List