Old 6 Oct 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 5 - Cosmic Rays & Polite Pig

We had originally booked another BoG breakfast today, again before EEMH was announced. I then changed to later thinking we’d do a few rides first and then changed it back to 8am after we realised we’d probably be up early. I then cancelled it thinking it would be nice just to wake naturally today as we were so tired. First breakfast was a muffin and coffee again in the room.

We decided that even though we’d have to pay for them we wanted to try the Cheeseburger Spring rolls so headed round that way mid-morning. We were thwarted again as this time it wasn’t open yet! We get a Dole Whip since we were here. We pre-ordered from Aloha Isle but they waited until we arrived anyway as I had ordered raspberry Dole Whip and they ask if you want pineapple/raspberry swirl. We both chose floats so I had pineapple/raspberry swirl in pineapple juice and Marie just had pineapple/pineapple.

We managed to find a table across from Aloha Isle and sat there to eat them. I really like the addition of the raspberry for a change. We sat here for a wee while people watching and suddenly Aladdin appeared at the table next to us and said something to the wee boy there. Unfortunately I couldn’t get my phone out fast enough to take a photo!

We were in Tomorrowland at lunch time so decided just to go to Cosmic Rays. Again we mobile ordered and Marie went to get a table while I hung around the mobile order point. I found we had variable experiences with the app working after we’d clicked “I’m here” and some places would say the food was ready when it wasn’t so more often than not we just went straight to the mobile order collection point.
I had ordered the mac and cheese foot long hot dog with fries and Marie just wanted chilli cheese fries. I also was intrigued by the smores cookies so ordered these too.

Since it was the foot long mine was massive. As I’ve had to do before I scraped off the mac n cheese and I also had to cut the hot dog in half. In the end Marie ate some of it. I enjoyed it though. I halved one of the smores with Marie and took the other one back to the hotel. It was ok.

Dinner was DS again. We had decided on the way from the car park that if Polite Pig looked ok (it’s the first place you pass coming down the escalator from Lime Garage) then we’d go there but if it was busy we’d go somewhere else, maybe Chicken Guy.
Polite Pig was very quiet so we headed in. There was only one person in front so we were served very quickly. We both ordered “From the Smoker” as this is the best deal on dining plan. You get a main with jalapeno cornbread, Signature Polite slaw and a Market Side. I chose the Cedar Plank Salmon which has a maple-dijon glaze and Marie had the Half Chicken which comes with a Citrus marinade. We chose mac n cheese and waffle fries as our sides and I was interested to try the Crispy Brussel Sprouts. I had to pay OOP for these but I wasn’t charged full price which was $6, just $4 for some reason.
I really enjoyed this and although the sprouts were still sprouts they were palatable. I struggle with veg as mostly it makes me want to heave so I’m always looking for something that makes me not hate eating them. The salmon was really nice and Marie really liked the chicken. I tried some of the sauces but they weren’t that great.
One thing that put me off was the lack of plates. Plus Marie said the chicken was the only thing she fancied on the menu so that would put her off coming back.

Dessert was the last of the pie with a cup of tea in the room.

Credits used – 3 QS, 4 snacks
OOP - $4

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I fancy that salmon at polite pig looks lovely. The raspberry dole whip looks nice too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
I fancy that salmon at polite pig looks lovely. The raspberry dole whip looks nice too.
Both were lovely. My only criticisms of Polite Pig were the lack of plates and the fact that the air con was blowing on our food cooling it down. I’m sure we could have moved though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Polite Pig looks nice, I could just eat the poutine. I might also need to try the raspberry dole whip!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Just catching up with this. Your grey stuff cupcake mishap made me laugh! Looked like a cement mixer by the time you went to eat it

I'd like to try Polite Pig, but am conflicted as netierh DD or I are a fan of smoked food. In fact, the smell of just walking past Flame Tree BBQ makes her feel really sick. She loves salmon and the citrus glazed chicken sounds good to me - were they smoky at all? Does the restaurant have that Flame Tree smokey smell?

Raspberry dole whip! Sign me up for that as I'm not a huge pineapple fan, so that sounds like a great addition

Also, last time we were at Ghirardelli (2017), they had a snack credit menu. Sounds like that's changed. Does the value of the snack credit cover the tax or do you have to come in slightly lower to account for that?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Polite Pig looks nice, I could just eat the poutine. I might also need to try the raspberry dole whip!
Yes you should eat all of it .

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Just catching up with this. Your grey stuff cupcake mishap made me laugh! Looked like a cement mixer by the time you went to eat it

I'd like to try Polite Pig, but am conflicted as netierh DD or I are a fan of smoked food. In fact, the smell of just walking past Flame Tree BBQ makes her feel really sick. She loves salmon and the citrus glazed chicken sounds good to me - were they smoky at all? Does the restaurant have that Flame Tree smokey smell?

Raspberry dole whip! Sign me up for that as I'm not a huge pineapple fan, so that sounds like a great addition

Also, last time we were at Ghirardelli (2017), they had a snack credit menu. Sounds like that's changed. Does the value of the snack credit cover the tax or do you have to come in slightly lower to account for that?
The cupcake was worse because I really wanted to eat it!

You can smell Polite Pig coming down the escalator . I mean I don’t mind it but if the smell puts your DD off then it might be an issue.

The raspberry Dole Whip was better than pineapple for me.

I didn’t see a snack list and they didn’t offer one. I think the value was the total value, that’s certainly how we tried to calculate it but I don’t know for sure. It’s easy to get confused by it!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Oct 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes you should eat all of it .

The cupcake was worse because I really wanted to eat it!

You can smell Polite Pig coming down the escalator . I mean I don’t mind it but if the smell puts your DD off then it might be an issue.

The raspberry Dole Whip was better than pineapple for me.

I didn’t see a snack list and they didn’t offer one. I think the value was the total value, that’s certainly how we tried to calculate it but I don’t know for sure. It’s easy to get confused by it!
Ah, that's a shame about PP, but at least I know now so can plan accordingly

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Loved reading through this. I want to book upperdeck lounge when we fly to gatwick before onwards to mco purely for the tablet 😂
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

I keep seeing people talking about dole whip. What is it? Is it whippy ice cream in a juice? Where do you get it? Two trips and I keep forgetting to hunt it down to try!
Polite pig looks pretty tasty 😀
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
I keep seeing people talking about dole whip. What is it? Is it whippy ice cream in a juice? Where do you get it? Two trips and I keep forgetting to hunt it down to try!
Polite pig looks pretty tasty 😀
It’s basically ice cream. Dole is the brand name (they do fruit cups etc). You can get it on it’s own or in a float. It’s served at a few places now but mainly Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace in MK.

Trip Report Index