Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Sep 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

My daughter thought the brown muffin in BOG was chocolate too...poor lil love hated it

I love a food report! Thanks for sharing can't wait to read more

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
My daughter thought the brown muffin in BOG was chocolate too...poor lil love hated it

I love a food report! Thanks for sharing can't wait to read more
Thank you!

They should really warn people about that muffin!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 13

Another later start today planned for an MK evening initially however we'd lost a Be Our Guest lunch when the parks were closed. Luckily I'd been able to re-arrange for today (and with a selection of times). I'd been able to rearrange our FPs too but then decided to change the time of dinner and ended up spending most of the day glued to my phone trying to change everything again! In the end we had a relatively early lunch at Be Our Guest and an early dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern booked.

We had a slow start with breakfast in the room of the pastries we'd bought the day before.

We had pre-ordered lunch again as it definitely speeds up the process. This is my attempt at photographing the queue for those who haven't pre-ordered but it doesn't quiet show how big it is.

Lovely BoG photos! (I know they're rubbish really!)

Marie unsurprisingly ordered the Croque Monsieur as she always does (she likes a cheese toastie!).

I ordered the turkey baguette. I'd previously avoided this and the roast beef one (now replaced with the French Dip Sandwich) because of the sauces/mustard however finding out on here you could have it without meant I was keen to try it. You can choose not to have the mustard during the pre-order.

I used a snack credit on the Masters Cupcake as I really like this. Marie doesn't like the desserts here so didn't bother.

I know a lot of people think BoG is overrated, like a canteen etc but I think on dining plan it's excellent. I can see us continuing to do a lunch and breakfast every trip.

Mid-afternoon we had an ice cream float each at Auntie Gravities in Tomorrowland for 2 snacks. The cups they come in are served inside bowls because as soon as they add the ice cream to the fizzy juice they start overflowing. They're also huge!

This was nice but if we'd been across the other side of the park it would have been a Dole Whip which we prefer.

Dinner was another old favourite of ours, Liberty Tree Tavern. It's served family style as plates of food brought to your table and is a set menu. Normally this check in area is heaving but I think because we were there at 5pm it was quieter.

They do the pomegranate lemonade here so I ordered that of course.

Then we were brought some salad and bread rolls.

These were nice but we were saving ourselves for the main event. The meat is turkey, pot roast beef and pork. You also get mashed potato, macaroni cheese and seasonal veg which today was sweetcorn. Previously we've tended to have green beans in September.

This was lovely with the exception of the pork which was a bit fatty. It tasted nice though and we could have asked for more. The mash in particular was divine! We felt that we hadn't been brought out as much food as on previous visits although you can ask for more of anything and in hindsight it saves on food waste. We asked for more mash and turkey.
Dessert was the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. This is something that changes every few years and again may be seasonal.

This was lovely. We've had the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from the lunch menu before and weren't impressed but this seemed different. Maybe we got it on a bad day at lunch.

I didn't make a note of the cost of this but for us it was 2 TS credits plus the tip. It didn't disappoint and will be on our list as usual for next time.

Total credits used today 2 QS, 2 TS and 3 snacks.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 14

Today was an early DHS day but not too early! We had planned lunch at Sci fi with a QS dinner but we discussed it a few days before and changed our minds. We looked at what dinner options there were and finally decided on Olivia's Café at OKW which is a favourite of ours from having stayed there a few times.
Breakfast was a banana nut muffin bought from Walgreens a few days before and one of the latte sachets.

This muffin was not great and not a patch on the ones from Walmart pre hurricane. I think the stores were still filling up when we bought these.

We were really hungry just after we'd ridden Star Tours around 11.20am so decided just to go to Backlot Express nearby and have lunch. I really just wanted a burger!

I got the Angus 1/3lb cheeseburger served with fries (there are healthier sides but not for me!).

This was really nice and much better than last year although it did used to come with onion straws which I miss.

Marie got a chilli cheese hot dog.

She enjoyed this too.

This cost us 2 QS credits.

We had a wander round DS later and because of our early lunch we were hungry mid-afternoon. Marie was desperate to try the Daily Poutine but I was wary given my previous experiences. Anyway we decided this was poutines last chance to impress us and went for it. We paid OOP for a classic and a drink and shared. After we sat down we realised we should have asked if we could use a QS credit but obviously it was too late.

I'm so glad I gave poutine another chance! This was delicious! Proper chips and a good, meaty gravy with plenty of cheese curds! We will definitely being heading here again!

Dinner was Olivia's at OKW. It was relatively empty with the staff almost outnumbering the customers!

We were brought pineapple bread rolls. This used to be a whole loaf but you can see Disney again reducing the size of things. I did point out to Marie it was better as we tended to eat the whole loaf!

You've guessed it, pomegranate lemonade!

I ordered the New York strip steak which comes with fingerling potatoes which I don't like so asked to sub them for Olivia's potatoes. This meant my other side had to be broccoli for some reason .

This was nice enough but if I'm honest I was a bit disappointed based on previous visits. The Olivia's potatoes were dry and I'd remembered them to be in a creamy cheese sauce.

Marie had the Southern Fred Chicken and subbed the mash for fries.

She enjoyed this.

We were quite full so got dessert to go. I got the Key Lime Tart.

I didn't really enjoy this as it was too much like a baked cheesecake.

Marie got the Banana Bread Pudding and was even able to get the ice cream to go. I don't have a photo of it.

This would have cost nearly $77 but cost us 2 credits plus the tip.

Total credits used today 2 QS and 2TS.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 04:53 PM.
Old 21 Sep 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Enjoying your report. Shame you were caught up in the hurricane but interesting to see how they kept you fed at the food court.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Enjoying your report. Shame you were caught up in the hurricane but interesting to see how they kept you fed at the food court.
Thanks.

Yes Disney were great and we felt safe there. Unfortunately the food court being open was a decision they made hour to hour but it was good to have something hot.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 01:28 PM.
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We loved the poutine from Disney springs too - the classic was yummy. Really enjoying your report
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
We loved the poutine from Disney springs too - the classic was yummy. Really enjoying your report
Thank you!

Yes it was fab! I'm so glad we decided to give it a try. Definitely one for next time!

Trip Report Index
Old 24 Sep 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Excellent report. The chicken and waffles at Yak and Yeti definitely wasn't there when we were in May as I would have definitely got that! Looks great
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Excellent report. The chicken and waffles at Yak and Yeti definitely wasn't there when we were in May as I would have definitely got that! Looks great
I’d never seen a specials menu there before. It seemed very “Landry” though. The meal i had wasn’t even on the special menu so always worth asking if they have specials.

Trip Report Index