Old 21 Jul 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh I've been so looking forward to this "eating around the world" post, and it didn't disappoint

There's a couple of blasts from the past in there for me - Black Forest gateau, yum, and the cream jug for your Italy dessert. My mum has the exact same jug, it was brought out every Sunday of my childhood which was the only day we had pudding

I agree with other posters, Kate is your double - it's nice that she doesn't mind. What an exciting trip you took at 16 years old, great memories I'm sure.

The meatball dish looks fab, I think it would have been my favourite, with the spag bol a close second. Wow, the amount of food at the BBQ! It all looks delicious, and it's lovely that you could involve your wider family as well.

Such a nice idea to make a journal for your mum. I do hope she is willing to share some of her thoughts with us. It's so cute that she is wearing her ears at the table

Not long to go now, I'm so glad your shorts fit
I did say we should have Black Forrest again, but we haven't yet...as you know I've been avoiding puddings! I didn't make that by the way. It was from the freezer aisle at Tesco.

Making the ears and the journal have kept me out of trouble I don't consider myself in any way a crafty sort of person so it's been nice to make things that actually seem to look quite pretty. My Mum is a great knitter and has taught Kate to knit. I can just about knit, but I can't cast on or off and so I really should get her to teach me too one day. Then I can knit Mickey shaped things!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Noone does better Black Forest than Tesco, including M&S and Patiesserie Valerie.

At Christmas Iceland had a Black Forrest Pavlova, my two favourite things combined, now that was delicious.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I did say we should have Black Forrest again, but we haven't yet...as you know I've been avoiding puddings! I didn't make that by the way. It was from the freezer aisle at Tesco.

Making the ears and the journal have kept me out of trouble I don't consider myself in any way a crafty sort of person so it's been nice to make things that actually seem to look quite pretty. My Mum is a great knitter and has taught Kate to knit. I can just about knit, but I can't cast on or off and so I really should get her to teach me too one day. Then I can knit Mickey shaped things!
🙋🏼 I can knit 🧶 However, I cant make ears or pretty books like you 😊

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Noone does better Black Forest than Tesco, including M&S and Patiesserie Valerie.

At Christmas Iceland had a Black Forrest Pavlova, my two favourite things combined, now that was delicious.
Can't say as I've tried those posh Black Forests now I know you've quality controlled them I can stick with the Tesco one

Now Black Forest Pavlova sounds like something I want to make, yummy

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
🙋🏼 I can knit 🧶 However, I cant make ears or pretty books like you 😊
We'll call it even then x

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I can't believe just how close it is now.

The eating round the world food all looks amazing. I had to laugh a Dave not knowing where you were going from though

The photos of young you ... oh my word how much does Kate look like you!

You said just the other week that you were waiting for the Park Hours change, what a pain! Now the kids are broken up would Kate not like to edit the document? I know Caitlin loves things like that so she would love to do that, could save you a job.

So excited for you, I really can't wait to hear all about it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I can't believe just how close it is now.

The eating round the world food all looks amazing. I had to laugh a Dave not knowing where you were going from though

The photos of young you ... oh my word how much does Kate look like you!

You said just the other week that you were waiting for the Park Hours change, what a pain! Now the kids are broken up would Kate not like to edit the document? I know Caitlin loves things like that so she would love to do that, could save you a job.

So excited for you, I really can't wait to hear all about it xx
I know it's so close I've only got one more day of work now so nearly there. But I'm managing to cram in hairdressers, opticians, manicure and dentist (for 3 of us) in the next few days and I haven't started packing yet

Dave knows more about this holiday than he's ever known before he's practically an expert on the plan!

The old photos are so cute, it hardly looks like me anymore.

That's a really good idea I'm sure Kate would love to update the spreadsheet and get all the plans written up properly.

Just a few more days and I can relax, well you know what I mean!

Old 23 Jul 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I know it's so close I've only got one more day of work now so nearly there. But I'm managing to cram in hairdressers, opticians, manicure and dentist (for 3 of us) in the next few days and I haven't started packing yet

Dave knows more about this holiday than he's ever known before he's practically an expert on the plan!

The old photos are so cute, it hardly looks like me anymore.

That's a really good idea I'm sure Kate would love to update the spreadsheet and get all the plans written up properly.

Just a few more days and I can relax, well you know what I mean!
I can't believe your still working too! Ours broke up Friday ... in fact they end up with nearly 7 weeks off by the time they go back. The good thing is that because your so busy it will fly by and before you know you'll be heading to the airport!

I can't see you in it now, but I think that's because I just see Kate both very pretty though.

It won't be long before you'll be relaxing on the plane xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I can't believe your still working too! Ours broke up Friday ... in fact they end up with nearly 7 weeks off by the time they go back. The good thing is that because your so busy it will fly by and before you know you'll be heading to the airport!

I can't see you in it now, but I think that's because I just see Kate both very pretty though.

It won't be long before you'll be relaxing on the plane xx
Last day of work today. Phew!

I'm definitely going to catching up with sleep on the plane xx

Old 24 Jul 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Cant believe how close your holiday is now! Almost there. Enjoy your last day and then freedom!
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Yay hope your last day goes quickly x