Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 May 08, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Just noticed in the back of the new 2008 Brit guide to DLP, there is a voucher for 20% off at Planet Hollywood when you show the book!
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 08, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

One thing we wished we'd realised sooner was the small minimart in the entrance to the eurostar station. We walked past it every day going into the parks then spent a small fortune on snacks and drinks in the park, then past it again every evening and then spent another small fortune in the hotels. They sell sandwiches, crisps, wine , beer, sweets and so on at almost normal prices. We found that although our bags were checked going in, it was more of a quick glance and they didn't remove any food items or drinks we had in there. we will certainly be using the minimart next time we go.
cathann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 08, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BrerVixen
Imagineer

BrerVixen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just got back, this morning it's SO expensive,

The mini-mart is a must, for water especially as it's much cheaper

Any more than a 3 day stay, get a Fantasy annual Pass. 10% of merch. and dining. Well worth it.

I found that DLRP was great, but didn't have the magic that WDW has, I found it hard, as I don't speak french, so I think I missed a lot at times.

We stayed at the Kyriad, wouldn't recommend, as we had a lot of ants and 2 beetles in the room

The europeans are quite rude, always walking into me/queing to close. seems they don't regard personal space at all, 2 kids walked into me full force.

We had a great time, and it was cheap, but If I were to go again, I will do 2 days/1 night to save some money

The Blue Lagoon is a MUST DO, very, very nice.

Some imagination Huh?
WDW in 89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
DLP in 99,00,08
Next Trip: Disney's All Star Sports September 2019
BrerVixen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 08, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
phgannon
VIP Dibber

phgannon's Reviews
Originally Posted by BrerVixen View Post
...it's SO expensive ...[DLRP] didn't have the magic that WDW has ...europeans are quite rude, always walking into me/queing to close. seems they don't regard personal space at all...

I’m really sorry to read about your bad experience at DLRP but I also found it very interesting because everything you wrote I, personally, could write about Orlando/WDW. In fact, in your post I'd swap "DLRP" for "WDW", "WDW" for "DLRP" and "Europeans" for "Americans".

The vacations we’ve had in Orlando/WDW have all been terrific but they’ve also been very frustrating and, at times, stressful. Americans really do not know how to queue. It ends up more like a “huddle” than a queue!

I am not trying to say that you're wrong and that DLRP is perfect. Please don’t get me wrong, I love America and Americans – I’d go so far as to say that I’m an Americophile but I’m also a Francophile. I love both countries just the same and I also love Disney and their resorts but, IMHO, they both have their frustrations.
phgannon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 08, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
yes I would agree ,we were barged out the way by Americans on our last trip.

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 08, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BrerVixen
Imagineer

BrerVixen's Reviews
I've never been barged at WDW!

Some imagination Huh?
WDW in 89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
DLP in 99,00,08
Next Trip: Disney's All Star Sports September 2019
BrerVixen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 08, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

great tip about the mini-mart... didnt even know it was there will be trying it in October.
We too have been 'barged' at WDW mainly on the Disney transport this really put the damper on my last visit in Nov 07, it didnt bother my DH but I was well and truly fed up after our 2 week stay... but I will add it didnt happen at IOA/US on our 3rd week which I really enjoyed - you can get it anywhere i suppose.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 08, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but a good site is dlp.info You should be able to get loads of stuff from here.. Similar to this site i.e hotels, restaurants, rides etc.
Old 21 May 08, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I would definately recommend DLRP for Halloween.It is absolutely great.The giant pumpkin in the middle of the main st is fantastic and the scarecrow pumpkins and pink witches are excellent in Frontierland.Have been to DLRP 6 times and although prices are high and some foreigners very rude, we love it.
Old 30 Mar 09, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Denise78
Very Serious Dibber

Just want to bump this as were going in sept and just wanted to know if anyone has anymore up to date info
Denise78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread