Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Mar 09, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by piglets pal View Post
he was desperate for autographs and ended up being held in DH arms and i have to admit that the charecters tended to notice the children waiting patiently and made the effort to move towards him. Dare i say that the people trying to take turns were mostly from the UK...

to add to that when he got jessies autograph her face was covered and i mean covered in pen marks where pens were being shoved in her face... what is that about
The "Wranglers" (the people with the characters)at Paris just don't do their jobs properly. They are supposed to organise people into a line like they do at the US parks. However, they just tend to stand there and let chaos ensue. It helps if you know some French so you can put them in their place!
Wehad kids just shove in whilst we werequeuing atSpaceMountain. Unfortunately there were wearing back packs so removing them was made all the more easier.Onceagain CMs couldn't give a damn. And the smoking in the lines drives me mad. Our nephew's arm was burned by a careless Italian who just shrugged his shoulders!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 09, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry- duplicate post
Old 30 Mar 09, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by treacle View Post
Oh a word of warning... unlike WDW youcan see 2 of the same characters in the same studio at he same time. Donald was in the parade at the Studios, walked to the entrance and he was signing and posing for photos. For those with small kids be ready with the"Secret tunnels" and "Move very fast" excuses to avoid bursting the magic bubble.
OFF TOPIC -It can happen at WDW too! Goofy was doing his rounds in the Liberty Tree Tavern retaurant. I went over to the rose gardens to get our wristbands for the MNSSHP and there was Goofy dancing on the castle stage. A five minute walk between the two!
Old 30 Mar 09, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sheeps68 View Post
I went to DLP before trying Orlando. Whilst it was fun I will say its exceptionally cold in December and February. That wind just goes right through you. The thing I found was everything was small and close together. By this I mean the seats on the coasters are smaller, its all close together and somewhat claustophobic. Having had this I was shocked how spacous everything was in WDW.
Believe it or not - acreage wise Disneyland Park Paris is actually about ten acres larger than the Magic Kingdom. It's the largest of the 3 - DL, Mk, DLRP
Old 30 Mar 09, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Denise&Wayne View Post
Just want to bump this as were going in sept and just wanted to know if anyone has anymore up to date info
One thing you need to know is some characters have French names so when getting autographs BE SPECIFIC and say something like Hi Captain Hook otherwise he'll sign Capitain Crochet. Chip n Dale are Tic & Toc (the gag doesn't work in French), Tinkerbelle is Clochette and Goofy is Dingu (it means crazy). The Cheshire Cat is Chester. Just a small thing but when kids are getting signatures it may confuse them. Thankfully Mickey & Minnie are still Mickey & Minnie.

If you want to see Cinderella's coach up close go to L'Auberge de Cendrillon (Cindrella'sInn) and its parked in niche in the courtyard.
Old 30 Mar 09, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Denise78
Very Serious Dibber

Glad I bumped this now. Keep them coming
Denise78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 09, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

It's been a few years since we went to DLP (staying at My Travellers Explorers Hotel each time). I would agree that the Blue Lagoon Restaurant in the Pirates of the Carribean is fab - we LOVED the ambiance, sitting by the river that flows through the ride under the trees and stars was fantastic. However, I am really surprised no one has mentioned Cafe Mickey in Disney Village. We accidently went on our first trip and somehow managed to get a table on spec, but booked it specifically the second time as we realised it is actually quite hard to get into. It's fantastic for characters, they usually come out twice during a meal, do a song and dance routine and then meander around greeting guests and signing autographs - there are a huge selection of them and they have a bit more time for you, I got kidnapped by Captain Hook the first year! We have done a Character Breakfast but rated Cafe Mickey way above the character dining experience. I can also recommend My Travellers Explorers, cheaper than staying on site and also you get a free shuttle into the park and back again throughout the day.

Also, the first year we got the Magical Express coach from the airport but, although it was cheaper than a taxi, it took an eternity to get to the hotel so we grabbed a taxi the following year which wasn't much more expensive than a coach for 4 of us and was far quicker.

HTH just a little.

Jacqui
Old 5 Apr 09, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Denise78
Very Serious Dibber

I read somewhere that they only allow you to smoke in certain areas of DLP now does anyone know if this is correct or not? Really hope it is because the smoke really bugged me last time.
Denise78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 09, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I think technically that is the case although most people seem to think that this is largely ignored.
Old 6 Apr 09, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
twinklebelle
Imagineer

Just wondering does anyone know if Disney hotels are still running the free transfer shuttle service over to the shopping mall nearby? We did this the last time we were there and I really enjoyed walking around those shops and would like to visit them again.

DLP: 98,99,02,05,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and hopefully 21!
And going again - just don't know when!
twinklebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread