Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 May 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

Anyone successfully passed on a Fastpass?

I've got 6 fastpasses for FOP for 8am on Saturday 1st June that I wont be using (I was booking FOP in the extra released hours scramble last night and it doesnt fit in with the rest of my plans) - has anyone ever tried 'passing on' the passes

ie I cancel my reservation at 10.35am this morning - someone else attempts the reservation at 10.35 and 30 seconds

Worth trying?
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well, if it works, it works, if it doesn't then 1 dibber will have lost an hard to get FOP FP+ and other Dibbers will be disappointed they missed an opportunity

if you're set on dumping those passes, then it's no loss for you.
but there is no guarantee anyone (on here) may be able to snatch them
I guess it can be done, since there are exchange threads for dining reservations, but I guess the number of people, worldwide, trying to get an early FOP FP+ might be high

in any event, if you dump your FP+, someone will be able to catch them. But if your question is to know if someone you know or choose will be able to catch them, then I'd say it's taking a very long longshot.

ETA : in any case, don't cancel your FOP passes until you get FP+ for that ride on another day & time

Edited at 08:23 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes I've done it before on Facebook groups,coordinated a time and they got lucky and picked them up as I cancelled.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

FP's dont instantly always show on in MDE once someone cancels them... it can take seconds or minutes or hours.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

One of our party has told me its quite a thing on a few Disney facebook groups, so looks like it can be done
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Are you going to be in AK on that day ?...It is much easier to alter a FOP fastpass once you have it than to get one. So I would try an amend it to a time that suits if you are able to. Unless you have more FOP fast passes throughout your trip I would hold onto it and try to change it.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

yes already got 2 for FOP - for the 2 previous days

We have an airboat ride an hours drive away booked for 10.15am - I have heard FOP is good - but is it so good that I should drive to AK for an 8am fastpass then leave again straight away after?

it would have to be absolutely mindblowing to be worth it - especially as I would have already been on it twice!

Will probably keep the fastpass for now and wait and see once I'm there - somebody might be getting a very late fastpass bonus
Old 3 May 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Why don't you keep it until you have done your first FOP that way you can decide whether it is worth the 8 am start?
We loved FOP and wouldn't want to 'waste a FP' Or first time at WDW we were offsite and managed 1 FOP FP and unfortunately we were all sick on that day. It is just worth keeping until you get to the time imo. Someone will get a last minute nice surprise if you decide to cancel a couple of days before still
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List