Old 22 May 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers (again). April / May 2019 - Day 4

I woke today at 6.45am and the other two followed not long after. We sorted breakfast again and then left for Animal Kingdom at 8.30am.

We parked in Dinosaur (25$ again) and got the tram to the entrance as it was already feeling warm. We head into the park and wondered in the direction of the Safari as it was our first FP. Edith was being grumpy today; all the fun was catching up on her I think. We bought her a lovely little drum from one of the shops and let her run around with it to cheer her up and then popped her into her pushchair with some milk to see if she needed a sleep.

She seemed to perk up so we head on the safari. It was a fabulous ride as usual, the highlight being an elephant having a bath really close to the truck. So lovely.

Next up was festival of the Lion King, one of my all-time favourite things to do in the park and it was just as magical as usual. We head toward Pandora next as we had a Navi FP but Edith fell asleep on the way. I was gutted as it was the only FP we had for this ride and she loved it last year but she definitely needed the nap so we had to give it a miss. I cancelled the FP in the hope someone else would be able to use it, the standby line was 80 minutes!

We took the opportunity to head to Nomad Lounge while she slept, we loved this place last time, such a great escape from the chaos of the park. We both had the Lamu Libation cocktail. Oh my goodness, these were strong. Breakfast was a distant memory & these went straight to our heads. Aaron had another one after I offered to drive later on. So good. We eyed up all the food as well but I had my heart set on the loaded fries at Flam Tree BBQ! I put in a mobile order while we were still at Nomad, we needed something to soak up the alcohol.

We paid up and walked over to Flame Tree, suing the app to update that we were there. The food took a couple of minutes and we grabbed a table and absolutely inhaled it all. It was so good. We had two portions of the loaded fries, and a loaded mac and cheese. Aaron had a beer and I had a diet coke.

Just outside Flame Tree, there was a constant dance party. The characters seem to rotate between Rafiki, Timon & Balou. Edith was in heaven here, we let her loose with them, and although she ran away if the characters came face to face with her, she was fascinated by them and was dancing along to the music, waving at them & pointing a lot. Kevin kept appearing too and doing a loop which was funny, she was trying to follow her around too. We let her have about half an hour here before moving on as it was so hot and I didn’t want her in direct sunshine for too long.

We had a FP for It’s Tough to be a Bug so we head inside the tree. I forgot how good this was, Edith freaked out at one point and bit Aaron’s shoulder in fear, I was laughing. It’s always funny watching all the other kids scream too.

We popped to change Edith & then just had a few minutes chill sat down in the shade before giving in and letting Edith join the dance party again. She was loving life.

It was so hot now and we were parched, we walked through to Dinoland and grabbed a milkshake and a coke and met a couple of characters before calling time on our day at the park and heading out at 4pm.

We drove back to the hotel where Aaron had a nap. I did pop Edith down but she was having none of it so I popped her in the bath instead for a chill.

For dinner, we decided to try an old favourite, Chillis. We had loved this place when we first started holidaying in the USA but fell out of love with it after 2 terrible meals on Idrive and in Vegas. We felt ready to give it another go though. The drive took about 15 minutes, it was only up the road but the traffic lights in LBV are a killer. Our meal was excellent! We both went off the $10 menu which got you a drink, a starter and a main. We got Edith a kids meal and the total cost was under $27. Now that's good value.

I had a salad and the honey chipotle chicken crispers, Aaron had the chips and dip and a burger. Edith’s was a grilled cheese. The chicken crispers were particularly delicious and the service was really good too.

We popped to Walgreens on the way home for some milk and then all head to bed at about
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Great day and pictures. Cocktails and food look good.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I love that Edith could be distracted from her grumpy mood with a drum! Great purchase there!

The photos of her at the dance party are fantastic, you have a little raver on your hands!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a great day at Animal Kingdom, on the surface there isn't too much for little ones to do but it seems like Edith had a fab day.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Lovely Animal Kingdom day Edith’s such a little party animal

Those cocktails at Nomad Lounge look and sound amazing, right up my alley. I’m tempted to sneak one Disney day at DAK into our Universal trip next year and you’ve just given me another reason!

Thanks for sharing .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great day and a good looking bargain meal

Joan
Old 28 May 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Great day and pictures. Cocktails and food look good.
Thanks for reading, we were really lucky with all meals this trip, they were so good!

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I love that Edith could be distracted from her grumpy mood with a drum! Great purchase there!

The photos of her at the dance party are fantastic, you have a little raver on your hands!
Haha, she has the attention span of a nat so ea silt distracted for about 2 minutes

She sure loves to boogie!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a great day at Animal Kingdom, on the surface there isn't too much for little ones to do but it seems like Edith had a fab day.
IIt;s my favourite park at the moment, lots to see and Edith loves the animals so it's great.

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Lovely Animal Kingdom day Edith’s such a little party animal

Those cocktails at Nomad Lounge look and sound amazing, right up my alley. I’m tempted to sneak one Disney day at DAK into our Universal trip next year and you’ve just given me another reason!

Thanks for sharing .
Ooh a sneaky AK day sounds like a plan and if you do Nomad lounge is a must for an hours break from the park.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great day and a good looking bargain meal

Joan
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another lovely day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Another lovely day!
Thanks for reading along
Old 13 Jul 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow! Those cocktails look amazing! xx