Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jun 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We had 2 teachers in front of us in the queue for Test Track. They then wanted to let their school party (about 30 kids who had been on another ride while the teachers 'saved their place') join them in front of the 3 of us. They were really surprised when we said NO and politely asked the teachers to step back if they wanted to stay with their group. Some of the kids tried to push their way through and were very rude about it. We did stand our ground as we'd already waited over 30 minutes, and there was at least another 20-30 minutes to go. If we had let all of the group in it would have made it almost not worth waiting! Sadly there were no CMs in sight to help. I have no issue with someone stepping out to use the restroom, or throw 'trash' in the 'can' but I do take exception to this. They were not Brazilian, they were from an upscale private American school.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Personally if I needed to go to the loo I would walk out passing people and saying sorry I cant hold on any longer I will be back as soon as I can - they sure would not forget me on the return run then. If DH got to the front he would wait at one side for me.
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It’s the people who stand in front of me at the fireworks holding phones up recording it who really wind me up! If I wanted to watch it on a screen I’d have saved myself thousands and stayed at home watching on YouTube. Even worse when they push in front to do it... grrrr
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

It’s a whole other topic, but I don’t understand the mobile phone use during the fireworks. Fair enough a couple of pictures of things but if you want the video, just go on YouTube as there will be one from somebody who has done it a lot better!
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I've never been bothered by cell phone filmers at theme parks, although I think watching rather than filming is a better use of your park entrance fee. I was put out, however, by the number of cell phone filmers at the Vatican. The day we were there there were loads of tours and it seemed like every tour member had a phone raised. I guess I expected a higher level of respect in the Vatican than at Disney.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Well nothing beats the sadness and horror of seeing tourists take selfies in front of Holocaust exhibits at Aucshwitz in Poland when i was there despite being specifically told not to by the guides

Some people just cant stop themselves and the disrespect to others they cause is not even considered as its a good selfie that matters
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I once filmed the epcot fireworks show on my camera and was so focused on getting a good video i missed the show.
Went back later in the trip and watched it again with no filmimg and pictures.
So much better the second time
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm genuinely surprised to hear this. I've never witnessed line pushing once in all of my visits. If anybody tries pushing in front of us, they'll be (politely) told where to go!
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We were in the line for Rock and Rollercoaster last year when 2 teenaged Brazilians passed us saying they were “meeting their group” as they passed us.

I doubted that as they lingered further up the queue and were laughing and shouting to others further back in the queue. I formed the view that they were just queue jumping! When the third boy tried to pass me I refused and he waited behind me for a few minutes before leaving the queue all together. On his way back he told 2 others something which I can only assume was that they weren’t getting past.

I was glad I called them out, but there may well have been confrontation had their English been better. I would probably do it again, but would pick my battles.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Andycm81 View Post
I'm genuinely surprised to hear this. I've never witnessed line pushing once in all of my visits. If anybody tries pushing in front of us, they'll be (politely) told where to go!
Didn't see anything but remarkably polite and considerate people, and I've never had so many apologise to me for bumping into me, I always thought it was a British thing to apologise when someone bumps into you, but the Americans in particular easily out apologized me! There too fast with the 'I'm so sorry'
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List