Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

All the answers to my FAQ

not sure where to post this but its probably useful to someone, all the answers based to my questions/worries before our visit last week

Q is the 'Disney Magic' real?
A yes, its a totally different feel to any other theme/amusement park

Q does the Three sim everyone recommends work ok?
A yes, though as most of the time I was linked to wifi I only used 1gb in 10 days so didn't need a 12gb data allowance I purchased

Q when its hot is it best to plan to spend the noon till 4ish hours away from the parks
A yes

Q is doing all the main park shows essential?
A nope, but Fantasmic and Happily are - the others in comparison are very disappointing, and Illuminations at Epcot is cringe-worthy in parts

Q is it safe to drive?
A a lot safer than over here!

Q are the Americans loud and obnoxious?
A no, almost without exception they were absolutely lovely friendly people

Q should I make a plan of what to do?
A yes but the chances of sticking to it are not good!

Q does tap/click/modify work?
A yes especially at MK - I found it to be a better method of avoiding queues than following the Touring Plans I had setup

Q when staying offsite is it easy to hop in and out of parks?
A sort of, with the exception of MK which still takes ages to get to due to the car park location - we stayed very near the Disney parks and getting in MK was always an event

Q is Discovery Cove worth the money?
A yes its a great day - especially if you wait for the November Blue Friday deal

Q is Busch gardens worth the trip?
A you got rollercoaster lovers in your party? then most definitely - they have several coasters as good/better than any I have ridden in the UK, and its a lovely park to walk around

Q if I am overweight will I fit on the rides?
A I am about 270lb and easily fitted on every ride, on one ride at Busch I had to use the row with large seats - but then fitted easily - they make em for big folks over there!

Q is 10 days enough?
A nope, I would do 14-21 next time and put in 'rest days' as it was so tiring trying to see everything

Q can I get by on a budget?
A yes but with difficulties, even 'cheap' days seemed to end up costing $$$

Q are the kids too young/old to get the 'magic'
A girl aged 6 was the perfect age and was wide eyed, but girl aged 9 who tries to be 'cool' couldn't help herself and loved all the princess meet and greets!

Q is FOP all that?
A yes for most of us it was astounding, one thought it a little underwhelming, but with all due respect, they were wrong! If you cannot FP this ride then ropedrop, you need to try this ride - I was whooping and punching the air halfway through - simply put I was on that banshee

Q I get motion sickness easily will FOP make me ill?
A probably yes, but still do it, take the tablets, eat an hour before, hydrate, and when it gets too much you can turn round and see the room you are in - there is an 'out' - but you must still try it - if it gets you like it got some of our party it will simply blow you away - def a chance worth taking

Edited at 02:42 PM. Reason: added a couple more faqs!
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Those are some great FAQ answers and I'm sure some people will find those handy to know.

Hopefully you had a lovely holiday though!
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for that- I'm curious about the tap/click/modify trick- how many are in your party? Not sure if it will work well for 7.
rafjen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
Thanks for that- I'm curious about the tap/click/modify trick- how many are in your party? Not sure if it will work well for 7.
6 in our party - use your last fastpass and with some perseverance by the time you get to the front of the line you will have your next ride lined up - going off what I saw 7 is not an overly large number for a Disney party - so you will have much bigger groups than yours changing their plans and freeing up places
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Good list, very useful.

What and when was the blue Friday deal please?
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Really useful! Thank you
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SantiJB
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by BigPetesWife View Post
Good list, very useful.

What and when was the blue Friday deal please?
It is a Black Friday offer and you can buy in Discovery Cove Web page. Last year it was 199 $ including discovery cove with swimming plus 14 day tickets for Sea world, Busch gardens and Aquatica
SantiJB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Great tips here for a newbie - thanks.
I'm assuming by the tap thing, you mean signing in for your third fast pass and booking your extra whilst you're queing for the 3rd fp ride?
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by WelshSara View Post
Great tips here for a newbie - thanks.
I'm assuming by the tap thing, you mean signing in for your third fast pass and booking your extra whilst you're queing for the 3rd fp ride?
yes - I originally went down the touring plan route - planning each ride during the day - but with the size of the queues after the first hour or so of the day I reckon just trying to use fastpasses only is the way to go

Good luck to you if you can stomach long queues in 100 degree heat - my party couldn't!

Only downside is I was often gazing at my phone in the queue trying to modify/improve the next FP rather than 'being on holiday' with my family - but I think it was worth the sacrifice

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Thanks monkfish, and yes, fair point. I'm trying to plan my FP's for the biggies and be out of the park by 2 for a break from the sun. I'll hopefully book more FP's for the evening then.
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List