Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jun 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hmr89 View Post
I have a couple : One is that all of my teeth are falling out (I have really poor back teeth in real life so that's probably not too much of a stretch). Another is that I'm back in high school and I'm just about to fail my A-Levels due to not attending any classes. I left school 12 years ago and did well so I'm not sure why I have the dream so often.
Bizarrely I have both of these dreams. My dentist pointed out to me about 20 years ago that I grind and clench my teeth and I think that is what I am doing when I dream that my teeth are falling out. I also dream I am about to take my A levels and haven't been to class or that I am at school and I have forgotten my time table so don't know where to go. I left school 36 years ago!
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I used to have a recurring dream/ nightmare throughout my childhood and teens and I can still vividly remember it.

I’m running through a forest and a mechanical woodcutter is chasing me, it’s the sound of the chop, chop, chop getting closer and closer that terrifies me.
Suddenly I stumble into a clearing and see a building, relief floods through me and a rush inside and hide under the bed. I then realise I can still hear the chop, chop, chop getting closer and I realise it’s a log cabin with all wooden furniture. I feel pure terror as the axe gets nearer to my face... I always woke up just as the axe touched my nose.
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Mine is I need to call for an ambulance. No matter how hard I try I can't dial the numbers.
I must dream that at least every couple of weeks.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

When I was a child (1960’s) I had several very vivid scarey dreams about water rushing over the wall at the bottom of our garden and coming toward the house.

Only a very few years ago I found out that around the time of my dreams, there had been a major tsunami in the Pacific.

I suppose I’d heard it on the news or grown ups talking about it and been scared by it.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

One of my most frequent dreams is about leaving the hotel to catch the flight home but suddenly realising I haven’t started packing. I rush from cupboard to cupboard finding loads of stuff that won’t fit in my cases. Sometimes I end up with 3 or 4 large cases. I never discover if I made it home ok.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
One of my most frequent dreams is about leaving the hotel to catch the flight home but suddenly realising I haven’t started packing. I rush from cupboard to cupboard finding loads of stuff that won’t fit in my cases. Sometimes I end up with 3 or 4 large cases. I never discover if I made it home ok.
I never reach the destination in my “trying to get somewhere” dreams. 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don’t have these anymore, but can still remember a recurring dream from when I was younger (about 5-8yrs). It sounds scary, but didnt actually scare me, I always felt really peaceful at the end.
The dream was that I was slowly floating down through the hollow of an enormous old oak tree (one on our school field). It was silent and I would be watching the twisting & knotting of branches inside as I floated (laying on my back, arms outstretched falling). I’d never thump to the bottom, but strangely I’d then find myself sitting in our old front room alone, dead of night when everyone else was in bed & id be sitting on the sofa, with a small table in front of me (our largest G-plan nest table), and my hands would be outstretched (palms down) on the table, and i'd be in a trance-like state. Again, everything around me was silent & peaceful and i was never scared (and as it was recurring i knew how it ended).
No idea at all what it all means, lol, but dreams & interpretations interest me.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I had really vivid extreme dreams on holiday in Florida a few years ago, but they were really happy entertaining dreams so much so that I looked forward to going to bed.
But then they stopped - I was so disappointed and they haven't happened for a few years now, just this thread made me think of them
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
I don’t have these anymore, but can still remember a recurring dream from when I was younger (about 5-8yrs). It sounds scary, but didnt actually scare me, I always felt really peaceful at the end.
The dream was that I was slowly floating down through the hollow of an enormous old oak tree (one on our school field). It was silent and I would be watching the twisting & knotting of branches inside as I floated (laying on my back, arms outstretched falling). I’d never thump to the bottom, but strangely I’d then find myself sitting in our old front room alone, dead of night when everyone else was in bed & id be sitting on the sofa, with a small table in front of me (our largest G-plan nest table), and my hands would be outstretched (palms down) on the table, and i'd be in a trance-like state. Again, everything around me was silent & peaceful and i was never scared (and as it was recurring i knew how it ended).
No idea at all what it all means, lol, but dreams & interpretations interest me.
That's almost like lucid dreaming.

Have you ever looked up Astral Projection?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List