Notices

Old 17 Feb 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I can vouch for CBR, so good we've stayed there twice. Although both times were before all the works they have done. We had a pirate room first visit which was super. 2nd time we were in dibbers favourite area of the resort Jamaica, first on and first off the bus, not that it will matter to you on a short stay. The pool and vibe of the resort is brilliant. I love it. I'm seriously thinking we will have to return when all the construction is finished.
Yeah I'd quite like to see it especially as it is coming up quite cheap at the moment! The area wouldn't really matter so much for 1 night like you say and we'd probably take the car anyway. I haven't even seen any pics of it since it was renovated ... guess what I'll be doing tomorrow!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I have been thinking about this all day at work!

I wouldn’t sweat too much about EMH, what’s one hour when you have an entire day ahead of you?! You might as well get the extra hour of sleep to charge your batteries for a busy day. I figure the earlier you get there, the earlier you leave and vice versa.

I think it makes more sense to do Disney after your Discovery Cove day. You’ll have a really chilled out day, then can check in at Disney, probably relatively early, get to enjoy the resort a bit, and maybe you could go to Disney Springs for dinner!? If you move your RPR stay, then you run the risk of not getting the full use of your Express passes because you might be tempted to leave earlier to get to Disney, does that make sense!?

I’d agree it can only be MK.

I’ve had a little nosy at the resorts available, have you disqualified a suite at All-Star Music?

I absolutely loved CBR, I knew I loved it as we were driving through the resort to our room.

Now, here’s where I take things too far, have you thought about renting DVC points?! The Boardwalk, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge (Boulder Ridge), Grand Floridian and the Polynesian all have Studios that sleep 5. Standard rooms at BC and WL are $288, Boardwalk is $252, GF is $340 and the Poly $360. I use DVC Rental Store, they are very good, and if you wanted to check availability they’ll quote for free with no obligation. So close to travel though availability might be limited so please don’t set your heart on it.
I never thought of EMH like that that's actually a good take on it. Plus if we have EEH we could have a lazy morning by the pool then afternoon head to MK until the evening when we get tired.

I agree, I think after our chilled day it will be good. We don't plan to do too much on our first day (Monday) either so I think we'll ready for a full park day by then.

Actually I hadn't thought of it, if you could send me some details that would be fab. On the USA site POR was coming up at $248 plus tax so if we can get Boardwalk for $252 that's a bargain!

Lots of thinking for me to do, but I'm trying to not get too carried away as I haven't heard from Thursday's interview yet and I haven't had the other 2 either

Thank you both for reading and advising as always, I really appreciate it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I forgot to answer your question about the mini golf tickets! They give you the plastic card tickets which you can use anytime you like. I definitely wouldn't be wasting my one Disney park day playing golf haha.

I'll PM you some more info on renting points after work tomorrow, I really should be asleep haha.

Don't worry, I am getting carried away enough for us all!

I'm going to calm down now, and get back to things that are actually happening on the trip, rather than what might be. Do you follow the Radford family (the one with 21 kids)? They are in Florida at the moment and seem to just have Universal and Seaworld/Aquatica/Discovery Cove tickets. They have been vlogging and I've really enjoyed seeing how they've filled their days without Disney.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I forgot to answer your question about the mini golf tickets! They give you the plastic card tickets which you can use anytime you like. I definitely wouldn't be wasting my one Disney park day playing golf haha.

I'll PM you some more info on renting points after work tomorrow, I really should be asleep haha.

I'm going to calm down now, and get back to things that are actually happening on the trip, rather than what might be. Do you follow the Radford family (the one with 21 kids)? They are in Florida at the moment and seem to just have Universal and Seaworld/Aquatica/Discovery Cove tickets. They have been vlogging and I've really enjoyed seeing how they've filled their days without Disney.
Ahh see that wouldn't be too bad at all. Definitely don't want to waste a Disney day.

That's great thank you.

Haha I'm exactly the same so don't worry what are we like 😂

Yes I do! I think they're fab, I have no idea how they do it with all those kids I can't manage the 3 I have 😂 I noticed they hadn't been to Disney but to be fair even without Disney our trips pretty full x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My daughter is loving the Radford vlogs! 😀

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Ummm I kind of order the Disney Tickets 👀 I found an amazing deal with Musement for $480 for all of us. It has 20% off at the moment so I saved $120!

Still undecided on staying overnight so still looking at that right now. Think we're going to order our Kennedy Space Centre Tickets from Musement too.

I've heard bad things about them however I've been emailed the voucher already. After lunch I'm going to link them to MDE for FP at 30 days.

ETA I've linked them up and for some reason they've sent us a 1 day park hopper, so I'm over the moon with that. I now plan on AK on the morning, MK afternoon and HS in the evening where we'll also watch Fatasmic I've linked them to MDE so we're ready to go!

Does anyone know if I manage to book a DVC room can I link this to my reservation and would this mean I can still book FP 60 days in advance? x

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, you link it just like a normal reservation. As soon as you get your booking confirmation you can link to MDE.

Just finishing work now then off to my mum's, will explain all about it better soon

How awesome that they have given you Park Hoppers! Although not so sure Mr Grump will agree once he hears the plan!

I think the Radfords are amazing. The kids are so well behaved and are so engaged with their parents and each other, you would think it would be the opposite with so many. Anyway, I always thought you couldn't do Orlanfo without Disney but they have proved me wrong!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Ummm I kind of order the Disney Tickets 👀 I found an amazing deal with Musement for $480 for all of us. It has 20% off at the moment so I saved $120!

Still undecided on staying overnight so still looking at that right now. Think we're going to order our Kennedy Space Centre Tickets from Musement too.

I've heard bad things about them however I've been emailed the voucher already. After lunch I'm going to link them to MDE for FP at 30 days.

ETA I've linked them up and for some reason they've sent us a 1 day park hopper, so I'm over the moon with that. I now plan on AK on the morning, MK afternoon and HS in the evening where we'll also watch Fatasmic I've linked them to MDE so we're ready to go!

Does anyone know if I manage to book a DVC room can I link this to my reservation and would this mean I can still book FP 60 days in advance? x
Omg how fab! Can’t wait to hear your report on your Disney day. 👏

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, you link it just like a normal reservation. As soon as you get your booking confirmation you can link to MDE.

Just finishing work now then off to my mum's, will explain all about it better soon

How awesome that they have given you Park Hoppers! Although not so sure Mr Grump will agree once he hears the plan!

I think the Radfords are amazing. The kids are so well behaved and are so engaged with their parents and each other, you would think it would be the opposite with so many. Anyway, I always thought you couldn't do Orlanfo without Disney but they have proved me wrong!
Ah right that should be easy enough then.

Thank you no worries.

I know I was over the moon! 5 Park hoppers for around £365! To be fair I don't think we'll try and squeeze all 5 in as the 2 days after we have 2 full days at universal too. But I think we will definitely do MK and Fantasmic in HS. To be fair he will probably be ok as he didn't pay for them 😂😂 I'm wondering when to tell them though?

They are aren't they, mine are like feral animals and that's no exaggeration! I'm looking forward to catching up on yesterday's x
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Omg how fab! Can’t wait to hear your report on your Disney day. 👏

Kat
Thanks Kat I'm so much more excited knowing I'm getting a slight Disney fix in. Can't wait to take Noah to see Mickey he'll be over the moon 😍 x
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

So stay options are as follows :

Caribbean Beach Resort - preferred room - £192

Port Orleans Riverside - pool view - £217

Or renting DVC points for Animal Kingdom Villas Studio - savanna view - £230 (approx)

I'm thinking I should go for the AK Savanna View? X