Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 28 May 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

After my reservations before hand i thought it was quite good. Don't get me wrong some elements aren't great for example Wills singing goes slightly out of tune sometimes but reminded me of a Slumdog Millionaire version of the Greatest Showman.
Old 29 May 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We also saw it yesterday, we all absolutely loved it! I think Will Smith really made the genie role his own, very classic Will Smith and I also loved that Princess Jasmine had a stronger voice and will than in the original. Loved the new song - ‘Speechless’ -what a great voice Naomi Scott has. We all also loved Bollywood dance scenes, it was all so entertaining and very well done.

We recently saw Aladdin at the Prince Edward Theatre - sadly, we didn’t enjoy it -the live action remake is way better IMHO.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We saw it earlier today and loved it. Aladdin was always my fav Disney movie growing up so I was a bit apprehensive but they have done a great job.
As others said, will smith was great, although I was a bit worried he would be naff after his first scene but was very good after that.
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Just saw it and really enjoyed it. Loved Jasmine’s new song. Loved the way it stuck to the original story but felt modern. Thought Aladdin and Jasmine were perfectly cast and both sang very well. Felt Will Smith did a great job and played the character well, of course he was never going to better Robin Williams’ Genie but I enjoyed him as Genie. DD had said that Aladdin was never one of her favourites but she loved this one. We have not been fans of the live action remakes but both Aladdin and Dumbo have been wonderful, maybe we are changing our minds 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Went to see it tonight and really enjoyed it. Found it really funny in parts. Jafar wasn't right for me though. Thought he was too young and I really missed the deeper voice and what that brought to the character. Costumes and set were amazing.
sw16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We watched this today - absolutely loved it! Will was fab (as always) and I thought Aladdin and Jasmin played their roles wonderfully. The song that Jasmine sang was fantastic and I really loved it. We kind of dragged our 13 year old along to watch it with us and even he gave it the thumbs up
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another thumbs up here - absolutely loved it x
Old 31 May 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

We watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it. I went in with low expectations as although I really like Will Smith I wasn’t sure how it would work without Robin Williams. I think they did a really good job, I liked the story, the songs and thought it was nice that Jafar didn’t come over quite as creepy for the kids!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We are just home from it. Like most folk I was a bit worried about Will Smith but thought the whole movie was great. Even dh who doesn’t like him at all really enjoyed the movie.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Glad to hear. We’ve not seen it yet and would prefer Eddie Murphy as genie as we are not sure about will smith. So good to hear will smith is ok
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List