Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Apr 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

50th Anniversary Celebrations

Hi All

I know that this is a 'how long is a piece of string' kind of a question, but here goes...

As we all know, October 1st 2021 is the 50th anniversary of MK and the celebrations will, no doubt, be amazing and go on for ages
My question is, when do we think the celebrations will start? Will it be on that day and continue for 12-18 months after, or will they start at the beginning of 2021 and continue on for however long

My reason for asking is that we are planning on a 3 week visit for late Apr/early May (usual reasons...good weather, a bit less crowded,etc).
Do I now consider re-scheduling? I will be taking DS out of school anyway, whenever we go, (he will be 12/13 in 2021), but he does have ADHD and major crowds can be stressful. I would also hate to miss the opening of new major rides like Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy... we missed both Pandora and Volcano Bay by a matter of a few days
Beyond this next trip, I don't know when/if we'll be back, as the costs are now getting

We've previously been in July and found the heat and humidity a little challenging, but DS is a real water-baby and loves all the water parks... so not entirely sure what to do

Help...!

Many thanks
Kat
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

From memory the celebrations for the 25th anniversary started in October and went on for a year. Certainly when I visited in May of 96 there was no sign of the cake castle looking back through old photos. So if you want to see the celebrations I think you would be fairly safe going in the year commencing Oct 2021. Last time the celebrations went on for something like a year and a half.

Its getting harder than ever to work out times to visit in order to ride a new ride, especially when the opening dates are as vague as "Before Magic Kingdom's 50th year", web sites seem to have the Tron or GoG as opening anything from late 2020 to October 21. The fact that we are seeing so many big new attractions opening each year these days doesn't help (as there is always one more ride that you would love to fit in...)

I wouldn't worry about waterparks, We have done May, Sep and Oct and in each trip the weather has been perfect for outside swimming.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List