Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 2 Jan 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
claireleary
Staying in the Castle

Mobile Newbie

Hello... After much pricing up and diliberation we have just booked our first trip 😁 October half term 10 nights, 24th Oct - 3rd Nov. 2020. Have booked a package including flights and self catering accommodation at the blue heron beach resort in Buena Vista. It worked out cheaper than booking flights and accommodation seperately. That's as far as we have got so now the planning begins... We have previously done disney Paris 3 times so ready for the next step. We have 2 children who will be 10 and 8 at time of trip. Both children are thrill seekers lol, will basically go on any rides they are tall enough for. My son is space mad so Kennedy space centre seems a must and my daughter who is a bit of a tom boy hates princesses and is animal mad... I dream of the keys 😍 We are considering not doing Disney and instead doing universal, space centre and discovery cove. We have a split flight back changing at Miami so considering 3 nights in the keys and flying directly back from miami. Everglades also looks amazing 😬 Look forward to reading up and of any advice. 😘
claireleary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWlover
Proud to wear my Ears

Welcome!
All your ideas sound great. I know you said you might not do Disney but if you do change your mind there are some great rides there for thrill seekers (as there are at universal) and your daughter sounds like she would love animal kingdom! We absolutely love it in Florida and everything it has to offer. We went in 2013 and have been returning over and over again ever since!

Edited to add:
If you do decide to fly directly from Miami instead of changing make sure you update your flights. Often if you have a stop and you don’t get the first one it automatically cancels your second flights. It’s similar if you buy a round trip and don’t get the outbound flight. So if you miss first flight be careful that they don’t cancel your Miami one. Hope that makes sense

Edited at 05:53 PM. Reason: Adding on
WDWlover is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
claireleary
Staying in the Castle

Ooo thank you. I was planning on contacting the airline to notify them if we do the keys and fly back from Miami. Hoping this will be OK 😕 The only thing putting me off animal kingdom is price and time.. I think universal, Kennedy space centre and discovery cove are non negotiable. Still trying to work out ticket options and how many days to factor for universal also water park. Any advice with this VERY much appreciated 💕
claireleary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
claireleary
Staying in the Castle

Initial plan 😬
24th - Flight... 12.15 - 22.15. Collect car hire.
25th - clear water
26th - Kennedy space centre
27th - universal
28th - water park
29th - universal
30th - discovery cove.
31st - keys
1st - keys
2nd - keys
3rd. Miami or everglades? 23.15 flight from miami.
Old 2 Jan 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWlover
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

You will definitely still have a great time without Disney so I wouldn’t worry too much! We’ve used Attraction Tickets before and always found them pretty good. I think you can pay a deposit as well. Your plan looks good, remember if you do discovery code you’ll get tickets for Seaworld and other parks so you might want to look at those and see if you’re interested in them.
WDWlover is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
claireleary
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Thank you. Wasn't aware you got Sea world tickets included with discovery cove. I'm totally torn with the whole moral scenario with discovery cove and sea world. Stuff I have read has horrified me but for my daughter it would hands down be the highlight of her trip 😕xx