Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 16 Jan 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat7
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile August 2020 Itinerary- Thoughts Please

Hi All

I’d really appreciate people’s thoughts on the itinerary below. I have been to Disney before but my husband and 2 children haven’t. My daughter will be 9 on the visit and is Princess mad and my 7 year old son adores Stitch. We are staying at CBR and have the DDP. Planning 1 night at Universal Portofino Bay to get 2 days of fast pass.

Day 1 - Arrive at MCO 16.20. Check in and eat at OPR

Day 2 - MK all day. Ideally BOG or CRT for dinner

Day 3 - Epcot all day. ADR at Via Napoli (OOP) and Homecoming

Day 4 - AK all day. ADR Tusker House (Brunch dining package)

Day 5 - HS (am), TL (pm). ADR Raglan Road

Day 6 - MK all day, hopefully MNSSHP. ADR O’hana BFB

Day 7 - HS (am), BB (pm). ADR T-Rex

Day 8 & 9 - Universal

Day 10 - Pool (am), AK (pm). ADR Storybook Dining

Day 11 - Epcot all day, probably with pool break. ADR Bon Voyage & Akerhaus

Day 12 - TL (am), HS? (pm). ADR Hacienda San Angel

Day 13 - MK all day. ADR BOG breakfast and CRT/BOG dinner

Day 14 - HS all day - poss pool break in the middle making use of skyliner. ADR Mama Melrose dining package

Day 15 - Home at about 17.00 day free to choose favourites.
CheshireCat7 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

Nice plan. We have kids the same age as you. I put some comments about what worked for us.

Day 2 - MK all day. Ideally BOG or CRT for dinner

I would schedule CRT/BOG lunch. It is an expensive dinner to have while you are still getting used to the time change. The kids might be fading by 6pm on the first day.

Day 4 - AK all day. ADR Tusker House (Brunch dining package)

If FOP fastpasses are a priority then consider putting AK later on in the holiday. Use thedibb fastpass availablity checker.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fas...ailability.php

Day 5 - HS (am), TL (pm). ADR Raglan Road

Same with Slinky Dog FPs. Put HS at 6/7 days into the holiday.

I also would do full days at TL and BB. I was like you only scheduled half days but we ended up there ALL day. Kids did not want to leave

Day 6 - MK all day, hopefully MNSSHP. ADR O’hana BFB

If you are doing MNSSHP and if you want to meet Jack or the 7 Dwarfs I wouldn't reserve a dinner. You can join the line for Jack at 4pm and Dwarfs around 5pm. It will save party time.

Day 7 - HS (am), BB (pm). ADR T-Rex

Again BB I would just pencil all day for that. Book your FP+ for HS at night. Maybe put T Rex for your last day.

Day 10 - Pool (am), AK (pm). ADR Storybook Dining

We found doing the pool at night was the best for our kids who burn easily.

Day 11 - Epcot all day, probably with pool break. ADR Bon Voyage & Akerhaus

A lot of people like pool breaks in the afternoon. We found with 2 kids we usually started late/left later or early/left early. Going back and forth to the hotel was hassle with kids.

Day 12 - TL (am), HS? (pm). ADR Hacienda San Angel

I would do maybe HS as that is where all the new rides are going to be.

Day 13 - MK all day. ADR BOG breakfast and CRT/BOG dinner

BOG breakfast I would put that earlier in holiday while you are getting up early and to get the advantage of riding 7DMT. I think by day 13 you will be worn out and getting up at 6am to get there by 8am might be a struggle.

Edited at 11:20 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree with much of PP.

I think you have some very long days in a single park including days 2, 4, 6, 13 and 14 if you don’t take the possible break. Also days 3 and 11 if those ADRs are for dinner.

I would do TL and BB in the morning not the afternoon, get there for opening and do all the rides in the first hour or two. After that the queues get long so I would do the lazy river or wave pool. If we are doing a water park we would schedule some FPs from about 4 or 5pm.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Having been in August with kids a few times, I wouldn't do a whole day in a park for the first few days. It's so hot & humid and it can really drain you, especially the kids. Tired grumpy kids make for a stressful expensive holiday! The first few days are the worst, while you get used to the jetlag and the heat, mine usually hit a wall by day 3, so now we split our days (Kids are now 14 & 12) The first full day I would be more inclined to go to MK in the AM, have an afternoon break at the pool to refresh, and head out for dinner at DS in the evening, ease yourself into it rather than going full throttle.

I wouldn't do MK all day inc MNSSHP in the evening, it's so busy, I would have a lazy morning, pool or waterpark and then hit MK at 4pm till close so you can use your fastpasses before the party starts. If you book your first FP for 3.30-4.30 you can use all 3 before the cut off. I also wouldn't book an ADR on party night, have a QS meal as there is so much to do. Mayve book a TS lunch somewhere instead.

Agree with Claudette about the waterparks, you're more likely to ger storms in the afternoon in August, so I would get up early and go rather than going in the afternoon.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

First day I would say you’ll be up mega early and probably ready for a rest in the afternoon
Our third full day was the worst for tiredness we went to Epcot lasted an hour or so and went back to hotel for some chill time maybe plan a waterpark that day, we were fine going forward but that third day it just completely hit us. We went back had some chill time and headed back out later feeling more refreshed.

I would do your waterparks in the morning/early afternoon then head to a park after and stay for evening shows.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

We are going to make the most of the fact we will be up super early on the first day and book a pre park opening ADR. Hoping for BOG and then a quick dash around to be on SDMT before the crowds arrive. Last time we went we did garden grill in EPCOT and we're the first in the cue for Soaring.
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat7
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Thank you!

I will look at re-jigging a little and see if we can get CRT lunch on day one. Really want BOG dinner as my children want to meet the Beast so that will have to be later.

On the Halloween party day the only ADR I was targeting was breakfast so that should still work and allow party time. I will try and shift the water parks but my thinking was around maximising opportunities to get fast passes rather than spend a lot of time in the parks.

We are flexible about length of days so will figure out more detailed timings once park hours are released and I find out if I get the ADRs I’m after
CheshireCat7 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CheshireCat7 View Post
Thank you!

I will look at re-jigging a little and see if we can get CRT lunch on day one. Really want BOG dinner as my children want to meet the Beast so that will have to be later.

On the Halloween party day the only ADR I was targeting was breakfast so that should still work and allow party time. I will try and shift the water parks but my thinking was around maximising opportunities to get fast passes rather than spend a lot of time in the parks.

We are flexible about length of days so will figure out more detailed timings once park hours are released and I find out if I get the ADRs I’m after
On waterpark days we went for opening and left by around 3 and had booked 3 fast passes from around 5pm onwards, had food then stayed for evening shows and worked out well
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I will try and shift the water parks but my thinking was around maximising opportunities to get fast passes rather than spend a lot of time in the park
I have never wasted my FPs on waterpark days. I think we get the most out of the day by going to the waterpark early (we find long queues for rides after the first hour or two) and then sing the fastpasses in the afternoon.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you!

Park hours for August were released 2 weeks ago. I agree with Claudette though, go to the waterparks early doors, and to a park in the evening so book FP's for late afternoon/evening. The more the holiday goes on the more the late nights get easier.

Honestly as someone who has been in August with kids, do not under estimate the impact the heat & humidity has on little people. I wouldn't want to push them too much in the first few days... grumpy hot kids do not make for a fun holiday lol, always good to allow some flexibility in the plans.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List