Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 30 Sep 19, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

**Amended** 13 night onsite stay – will this plan work?

**AMENDED PLAN NOW ON PAGE 2**
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, WOULD LOVE ANY FEEDBACK ON CURRENT PLANS

Hi All,

13 nights onsite in CBR, essentially first time/once in a lifetime trip for myself DW and DD 10 + DD 4 (first time back since I was a kid 30 yrs ago).

Current plan is as follows:

28th Check in 22:00
29th HS
30th AK
31st Ak
1st Rest/TL/DS
2nd Epcot
3rd MK
4th MK
5th Rest/outlets
6th HS
7th MK
8th Rest/BB
9th Epcot
10th Epcot

That sound workable or crazy? Won't be staying in parks past 7pm most nights I imagine, maybe come back one night for MK fireworks at California Grill.

Any/All thoughts or advice very welcome.

Edited at 08:35 PM. Reason: Amended the itinerary
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I don’t plan rest days we have never taken a full rest day but would them when we need them,

i book fast passes based on a half day in that park and never plan a full day in a park.

You want to get to the parks for EMH I think it unlikely that a 4 year old will do 12 hours in a park.

You also don’t appear to have planned any water park days.

First day in Disney for a 4 year old I would choose magic kingdom 100%
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Id look to do half daya you will flag. Look to get in for park opening/early morning hours. Have fps for your must do rides for the morning as early as possible. Then once they are used you can book in more 1 at a time.

I'd suggest leaving parks 1130-1230 and some down time in resort, lunch/nap/swim. Head back in later afternoon 3-4ish to different park, do quieter rides etc then depending on how kids feel head home about 830-930ish.

If your there for summer plan for a mid afternoon rain/thunderstorm most days too and for queues.

Personally we wouldnt spend a whole day in a water park, we normally do a max of 3 hours or so as get a bit bored and the food options are rubbish.

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Personally I would mix it up a bit and not do the same park two days running. We always start and finish with magic Kingdom, I think my family wouldn’t feel too happy if we finished with Epcot as for us, that is our least favourite park.

Hope you have an amazing holiday.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

Thanks all, really appreciate the advice.
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

I would not plan to go back to the same park on two consecutive days, we prefer to mix it up. There would also be too many Epcot days in that plan for us, it is the park we find has the least to do, I would swap at least one for HS or AK. Next time we will probably only go to Epcot once or maybe just one or two evenings.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree with other posters that you should mix it up and add more MK days. I try to do each park in the first 4 days and then we can flex the rest of our days if we’re done with a park, or feel like we really want to go back somewhere. It’s really important to be flexible with a 4 year old .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve taken ds3 when he was just turned 4 and just turned 5. On the first couple of days he absolutely couldn’t manage to stay at the park past about 2pm because he was tired from the flight and hadn’t adjusted to the time difference yet. He is generally quite flexible at home so I was surprised it had such a big effect.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree about not doing the same park 2 days running and I definitely wouldn’t end the holiday with 2 Epcot days. We do half days but do a park every days. Some days are a later start though, especially after the first 3 days when we know we need a bit of a rest.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

I agree about not planning two consecutive days at the same park, but we somehow ended up at Epcot for two consecutive days (1 full day and a long afternoon/eveing on the following day after spending the morning in Typhoon Lagoon) and still had a lovely time. I suppose the point of my post is just to serve as a reminder that regardless of our planning, on a few occasions our plans changed whilst we were there (mainly due to the weather but for other random reasons as well), and worked equally well for us. Of course this isn't going to stop me from planning in great detail our next trip
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List