Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 18 Oct 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Hi everyone new here need help!

Hi guys new tot his forum, and a first timer for Orlando and Florida. I posted this on trip advisor I need help I’m really panicking and I think I’ve booked this trip at the wrong time.

Hi,

Just wanted some help for my holiday itinerary.

Myself and my partner and 3 year old are coming to Orlando next month.

I am coming from London arriving in Orlando on the 26th of November at 15:00 and then departing on the 9th of December at 18:10.

I have 2 itineraries can someone please help me with which one is the best option. As I know the week I’m arriving is thanksgiving and it’s Black Friday so I don’t know if the parks are extra busy at this time and malls are over crowded ect.

Now first version is this-

Day one - arrive in Orlando check into hotel - Rosen inn international drive, then maybe go Walmart via Uber and eat in the evening somewhere for the first part of this trip version I will not rent a car until the last couple of days.

Day 2- magic kingdom which will be 27th of November.

Day 3- animal kingdom

Day4- Epcot which is Black Friday

Day-5 maybe go around winter garden and do one of the malls

Day 6- clearwater beach

Day 7 - hollywood studios

Day 8- Lego land

Day 9- universal 2 parks in one day

Day 10-12 want to go to Miami stay there for 2 nights and then obviously on day 13 be back to Orlando to depart

In Miami I would like to see the zoo and obviously see Miami Beach and the main city and want to definitely to Everglades for even half a day tour. I know this a lot and it will be tiring so obviously the last part of the trip I will rent a car and drive I know it’s around 4 hours away ect just will probably rent a cheap motel.

Second version of trip will basically be other way around the renting a car from arrival and doing Miami for the first 2 days and then shopping ect and then starting the parks from Monday 1st of December if it’s less busier?

Can someone help me please I know it’s a lot I need some tips and advice. Also would like to see the Disney springs area this first time for me in Orlando and I’m so excited for Disney world. My daughter is quite energetic here we do a lot of activities with her and as long as she has had her nap ect she’s fine so I don’t think this will be too much for her as we did New York last year for a week and she was ok.

Thank you

I know this is a lot I might take out Clearwater and legoland. I just have anxiety about this trip now and also I know my child is 3 and I know she won’t be able to go on all the rides going on all the rides doesn’t brother me anyway. And another problem is getting ubers vs hiring a car it seems like Uber will be more of a headache because I need to get one with a car seat? So might hire a car for whole duration of trip and bring my own car seat but the parking at the parks are pricing I really didn’t think this holiday through properly lol! Someone help me thanks
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

You are trying to do an awful lot , the parks are so much bigger than you think .Even the day you arrive you have stuff planned . Take a minute to cut a few things out.
I'm a pretty hardened Florida goer (38 times) and I wouldn't do anything more than a swim on arrival. Bearing in mind you will be up from probably 7am or earlier and won't get out of mco until at least 1 he after arrival , by the time you get to the hotel and check in, unpack etc it will be almost midnight our time .
Next morning you will probably be wide awake at 4am, so by lunchtime you are starting to burn out.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I said this to another first timer earlier in the week - I really think you are trying to do too much and you risk wasting park tickets. I assume you have bought a 14 day Disney ticket? If so - use it!

We have just done 11 days at Disney, without kids (so missed out a load of smaller rides and also went a lot faster!) and didn't even get everything done we wanted. We stayed onsite too so had extra park hours which offsite guests do not have. 1 day in each of the parks isn't nearly enough - and that's missing out the water parks which are really fun and I bet your 3 yr old would love.

I would concentrate on Disney entirely for this trip, then do all the other bits in your next trip (there will be a next time, believe me )

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Hi and welcome

First of all I would just say that having done some planning already you are ahead of the game, as still a great number of people go to Orlando with no plan at all

You don't say if you have a week long ticket for Disney or not? If you do and don't already have the Clearwater and Legoland tickets I personally would not bother with them (I'm planning my 4th trip and never done either as a fyi) and stick to just Disney/Universal.

This would mean that you could have a fully lazy day at the hotel and i-drive then also put down experiencing one of the Disney Parks at night which will be cooler for your toddler and lets you have more rest times.

The biggest mistake is trying to do to much, that you can't enjoy yourself as your shattered.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with the above. Cut universal. And cut Miami - 2 4 hour drives?!

Even doing that you won't get half of Disney done.

No way you can do MK in a single day. Your 3 year old will likely be awake at 4/5am and crash burn by 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

Also consider the water parks if you get a nice day, both have toddler areas.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I remember my first trip in 1989 and I was amazed how big everything was. That was way before I could do planning on the internet. It is good you have a plan but I agree with the above. Cut Clearwater, legoland and Miami too much driving. Also if you have Disney park tickets why bother with legoland?
I used to plans hard days and easy days. So for instance if I did MK one day all day then the next day would be a water park. I would concentrate on Disney as there is not a huge amount todo for 3 year old in Universal. Does your hotel offer a free shuttle? If so make use of that rather than driving.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

I would scrap going to Miami definitely and maybe even Clearwater. Or just do 1 night in Clearwater. As it's your first time I would concentrate on the parks and take your time going round them soaking up the atmosphere, especially with a 3 yr old.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think you are trying to fit in far to much, especially with a 3 year old . I would drop Miami
I agree that Disney can fill 2 weeks easily if you use your tickets well go to the water parks the crazy golf. The parks are much bigger than you think it can take multiple days to see them all . I have been lots and your itinerary has too much in it for me , plan some down time or you may find it really exhausting 😀

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Hi & Welcome
I agree with the others, forget Miami, you’ve got lots to do without adding this on
On our first 2 days we do what you have planned, check in to Rosen Inn, go to Walmart usually have a quick McDonald’s as this is in the store & 2nd day always MK ❤️🇺🇸
You are taking a 3 year old too, so would definitely cut out the Miami Beach, we’ve been twice, in recent years, but only after doing Orlando for about 8 times first
HAVE FUN

Edited at 10:00 AM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
I would scrap going to Miami definitely and maybe even Clearwater. Or just do 1 night in Clearwater. As it's your first time I would concentrate on the parks and take your time going round them soaking up the atmosphere, especially with a 3 yr old.
Agree with this

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List