Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 21 Nov 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Refurbished iphone

I would like to get my 11 year old son an iPhone for Christmas. I want to get him a refurbished iPhone on pay as you go.

Could anyone recommend a reputable place to buy from? I am wondering if I can get a good deal with Black Friday approaching.

Thanks
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Giff Gaff are always good to get phones from sim free. They do both.
The problem you have, and be warned, is that most people trade in their phones due to underlying issues. Now you will get a lot of people saying they have traded in good phones or bought good refurbs, but you just never know.

The biggest issue with refurb phones now is that most phones have non changable batteries and the batteries are excluded from any warranty. So expect a degraded battery life, depending on the phones age (which you wont know) will depend on the amount of reduction. 1-2 years old expect around 80% life left. 2-3 years expect less than that.

I have always found that refurbs from reputable places are hardly are difference in price. Just remember, if the price seems to good to be true, then it is.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your findings.

I appreciate your time , maybe I will look at new phones too
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Apple do refurb stuff but I am not sure if its phones as well. I got two ipads that way and they are fully guaranteed. It was a great service.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

apple/uk/shop/refurbished/iphone

Just checked and they do but they are still expensive :-(
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
apple/uk/shop/refurbished/iphone

Just checked and they do but they are still expensive :-(
Thanks for the info. I am heading more towards an iPhone 6 and giffgaff have some reasonable (cough cough) prices
Old 21 Nov 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
Thanks for the info. I am heading more towards an iPhone 6 and giffgaff have some reasonable (cough cough) prices
One thing to note on the iPhone 6 is that it is no longer supported by Apple, so it will no longer receive updates outside of critical security updates. This means that you may find apps may stop being compatible with the older software version.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Mobile

Checkout “very” they are doing “unbeatable “ deals on a buy now pay later for I phoned, Mac air, and watches etc, they give you 6 months free credit and depending on which phone you buy they credit your account with £80 or £120 for Mac air it’s £200, no catch and items are same price elsewhere, you must buy under the BNPL 6 month deal and enter code PEHE3 at checkout, jobs a belter then, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
Checkout “very” they are doing “unbeatable “ deals on a buy now pay later for I phoned, Mac air, and watches etc, they give you 6 months free credit and depending on which phone you buy they credit your account with £80 or £120 for Mac air it’s £200, no catch and items are same price elsewhere, you must buy under the BNPL 6 month deal and enter code PEHE3 at checkout, jobs a belter then, bondy.
Thank you so much for this! I would never have thought to look at Very.
My daughters phone contract is up so she needs a new phone and this offer is working out cheaper and buying a sim than getting a contract 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List