Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Dec 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dd and ds just came back and loved it
Old 22 Dec 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

I really liked it, yeh it was a bit cheesy at times but I like cheesy. I’m not sure about the ending though. It’s called rise of Skywalker not rise of someone pretending their a Skywalker. I actually wanted Ben to live but then how would Rey have explained bringing her new boyfriend back to the resistance 😂
Old 22 Dec 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Siff
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Plus there was no way for him to explain all the crimes he committed as a sith Lord, perhaps he could have gone into exhile? But that kiss was so cringy
Siff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by mollybogle View Post
I really liked it, yeh it was a bit cheesy at times but I like cheesy. I’m not sure about the ending though. It’s called rise of Skywalker not rise of someone pretending their a Skywalker. I actually wanted Ben to live but then how would Rey have explained bringing her new boyfriend back to the resistance 😂
The Rise of Skywalker refers to Rey, who has taken on the name Skywalker to indicate that she has chosen the side of the light rather than the dark side of the Force that is in her family. Or at least that's my take.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

Watched it today. Thought it was fab and I cried 4 times. I didn’t mind the kiss but I’m a sucker for romance haha.

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
The Rise of Skywalker refers to Rey, who has taken on the name Skywalker to indicate that she has chosen the side of the light rather than the dark side of the Force that is in her family. Or at least that's my take.
I agree or less likely when Kylo Ren becomes Ben Solo again technically he is a Skywalker and has "risen".
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
This bugged me because there is dark in the Skywalker side, and presumably her parents weren’t dark leaning.

I’m not really a Star Wars fan but I enjoyed it. I liked the fan service theme of the first movie and, unsurprisingly, this played in to it heavily. I was disappointed with Ben’s ending but I can see that they probably had to go that route if they’re rounding off the Skywalker story. I’m fully expecting some sort of ex stormtrooper show on Disney+.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

We have been to see it today and I really enjoyed it, shame about Ben but I guess no one would trust him so better to kill him off.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’m a die hard Star Wars fan and really enjoyed it. I’d managed to avoid all spoilers so was quite surprised to see my favourite scruffy looking nerf herder again! For me, I love the opening and get goose bumps when the music starts and the text begins to scroll. The only little niggle that I had was how Finn has suddenly realised he might be force sensitive. Would have thought he might have figured out before now. Also thought his and Rose’s relationship might have developed after the last film but it didn’t.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Just got out from watching the movie on IMAX... wow it was amazeballs... when rey fought the emperor at the end and said and iam a jedi with the 2 light Sabres I nearly jumped out my seat cheering... i so wanna see it again.

Edited at 11:47 PM. Reason: Typo
scouser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List