Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Eating in California..

First timers as normally in Florida we have the dining plan ! ,how does everyone find eating out over there ? Expensive ...do you sign up for offers online at different restaurants before you go ? We are hoping to eat in disney but also out and about plus whilst in san Francisco ..any advice would be great xxx
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We used our landrys card at bubba Gump's quite a few times in California. We didn't sign up for any other offers though. I much preferred the food in California to the food in Orlando. We found some nice individual places to eat at. Around Disney though it's was just the usual chains that we ate in. The Cheesecake Factory being one of our preferred places.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You have a range of options depending on budget and type of meal.

You have the typical fast food places with the likes of McDonalds, Wendy's etc and some of the more mid range chains with the likes of Denny's, Applebee's, Olive Garden and slightly more expensive such as Cheesecake Factory, Hard Rock etc. Then you have some more special ocassion type places depending on where you are.

It is marginally more expensive than the counterpart type places in Florida, but can work to most budgets.

I would have a look at the online menus for the sorts of places you are looking at to get an idea of prices.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I am wondering the same thing at the moment in regards to food, I have coeliac disease though so I’m limited in some respects (can’t have McDonald’s or ihop for example).

There seems to be a few good groups on Facebook that has info about places to eat and I’ve been looking at trip reports for other ideas.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

We found options better in California with a lot more local options in different places. Around Disney remember that you are as close to off site places to each as downtown disney and Disney prices are high.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
I am wondering the same thing at the moment in regards to food, I have coeliac disease though so I’m limited in some respects (can’t have McDonald’s or ihop for example).

There seems to be a few good groups on Facebook that has info about places to eat and I’ve been looking at trip reports for other ideas.
California is great at accommodating special diets (gross generalisation there!). I think they are a bit more enlightened than Florida (another generalisation but you get my point hopefully!)
Old 3 Jan 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, DW is gluten intolerant and has no issues finding places on the West Coast. Coeliac is another level but places do cater for it.

There are websites that can help guide you and as you say Facebook groups.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
aimo
Getting Excited

Mobile

Could someone point me in the direction of one of the Facebook groups please?
aimo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aimo View Post
Could someone point me in the direction of one of the Facebook groups please?
Hope it’s ok to post this but California Dreamers and West Coast Wanderers is a useful Facebook page.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
California is great at accommodating special diets (gross generalisation there!). I think they are a bit more enlightened than Florida (another generalisation but you get my point hopefully!)
Thank you, I was hoping the USA would be in some places. This will be our 4th visit to the US, but my first visit since my diagnosis so it’s going to be interesting.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List