Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Jim sounds like me but I’d put Ian out the bed and take the poorly dog
In saying that when Rocky was so bad on NewYears day he was in the bed between both of us and the other 4 were on a bean bag by the bed as they wouldn’t settle if they were not in the same room
How is Rocky doing now? X
Old 7 Jan 22, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

He’s actually doing well he now know where his water bowl is and as usual this morning when I was making soup wandered up and pawed me for a carrot
The other dogs are like his nannies gently nudging him away from things he’s even got back to jumping up on the chair beside me
He did go for a walk with Ian yesterday but stuck to the side of granddaughter buggy like glue
He’s and the other dogs will be on the dog walk pens tomorrow as it’s safe for him off the lead there
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

How awful Alicia, I really hope Boris is ok. His ear looks very painful.
Hope you’re both ok too? I am always very wary of dogs off lead when I’m out walking Dex as he’s only little 🙁
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
A family member owns a secure dog walk park they have several clients who pay a premium rate so their dogs can run free with no other dogs near for various reasons including 2 who have guard dogs so they can run free for a hour or so
But the offending dog should be muzzled I agree
We have 2 local ones
I have a GSD X Husky who can be a bit unpredictable around other dogs, he has a lot of arthritis in one of his hips ( due to being run over aged 1),
I always walk him on lead, so he always goes on the defensive if other dogs off lead come bounding up to him
I can book a session and he can be off lead and potter to his hearts content and I don’t have the worry of him being mobbed by other dogs and getting grumpy

OP
Have you any legal advice cover included on a house or pet insurance policy that you can access for advice if needed?
Hope the council/ dog warden reply soon
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thanks Carolyn, we just need to get the details of the witnesses. We were in such a state earlier we didn’t think of asking them at the time! I see one of them regularly at the field so hopefully they won’t mind helping, although I think she may be friendly with the owner so who knows!
I’m glad to hear that he is recovering, and I really hope that you can get all the information that you need to ensure that this stops before another dog is attacked or fatally injured. Or who knows what might happen if he escaped from his home it might even be a young child. How can anyone with any conscience witness their dog injuring others and just walk away?
So glad that Boris is doing nicely though.
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Oh no poor Boris! The bit about his little face when he was left at the vets made me so sad! I know all about that little Lab face!
Reallly hope he heals soon and the owners are responsible
Old 8 Jan 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

I just wanted to say a similar thing happened to our dear departed black lab when he was with our dog Walker.
I was distraught but the vet did a great stitching his ear , it healed well quickly and after a few months you couldn’t tell it had happened .

Hope Boris gets better soon
Old 8 Jan 22, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry I haven’t read all the replies so I may be repeating information already given to you.

Do report the incident to the police, although they probably won’t do anything as it’s a dog on dog attack, but they will log it and keep a record in case in future the dog attacks a person.

Report it to your local dog warden who will follow it up.

Some might remember my dog was badly attacked in September and needed surgery to repair the damage done.

The dog warden visited us so she could see our dog, and took a statement and photos of our dog from us.

She then visited the owner of the other dog, and took a statement from her, thankfully she did not try to say her dog hadn’t done it so we didn’t need witnesses or anything, but if you have those I can’t see how they can deny it.

There was a process to follow and the other dog has a control order on it so it has to be properly muzzled when outside and must always been on a lead when outside as well.

The owner of the other dog did pay our vets bills, I don’t know what the process would be for claiming that money back if she hasn’t?
Possibly Small claims court, or your own insurance if you have it, although a bit unfair if you have to use that.

I hope Boris is ok, and you and your husband as well, I know we had such an awful time when it happened to us

Take care x
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh poor Boris, how is he recovering? His poor ear looked so painful! What breed was the other dog?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Poor Boris, what a dreadful thing to happen.

Those plastic cones are awful, and very painful when the dog bashes it into your legs. When our lab had surgery we got him one of these instead, it was far more comfy for him amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This particular one isn't available at the moment but I'm sure there are others.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List