Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jan 22, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Best Premier Inn is on Bath road 5-10 mins from most terminals by Uber and we usually get this for £31-£39 a night.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My husband has looked at flights from Manchester to London but it was Gatwick so then we would have to get to Heathrow.
Do you know who the flight was with that flew to Heathrow?
Thanks 😊
It was direct with BA.

I just put a random July date in.

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Are BA not going back to Gatwick for the summer? It's so much easier to stay overnight there you literally cross the road to the airport
Have you looked at Tui flights?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

If you use BA ‘customise my trip’ you should be able to include the MAN - LHR flight as part of your trip. We have flown down the same day and also the day before.
You can add on your transatlantic flight, and 1 night in a hotel will turn it into a package meaning only a deposit needed.
There are various options and I believe the MAN LGW is back on for the summer giving the option of BA direct to MCO.

Via BA you can also book MAN MCO with Aer Lingus either direct or via Dublin.
If you consider this I would suggest outbound via DUB is good as you clear immigration there. However, I would always recommend MCO MAN on the return journey.

Good luck.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
FT why don’t you get a couple of quotes for a return minibus from home to Heathrow/Gatwick? May not be as expensive as you think
5 return train fares, Ubers and premier inns will add up and you would have less hassle with door to door transfers
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Don't book Terminal 4 Premier Inn. The train service to T4 is not running, and it's a pain in the sit ons to get the bus there.

Voice of experience talking :-)
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
FT why don’t you get a couple of quotes for a return minibus from home to Heathrow/Gatwick? May not be as expensive as you think
5 return train fares, Ubers and premier inns will add up and you would have less hassle with door to door transfers
Absolutely agree. We are in South Wales and even considered it for us (2 adults) as the price wasn’t that different.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband is really concerned that going from London us going to be stressful and a huge hassle. Surely it can’t be that bad?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My husband is really concerned that going from London us going to be stressful and a huge hassle. Surely it can’t be that bad?
How do you get to Manchester airport normally?

If we can ever go from Exeter it’s a five minute drive. Bristol is an hour or so’s drive and public transport is available too.

But invariably we have to go from Heathrow which takes about 3/4 hours public transport, 3 hours drive.

What I’m trying to say is, can you compare what you do now so you can see how different / difficult it would be vs how much money you’d save?
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
How do you get to Manchester airport normally?

If we can ever go from Exeter it’s a five minute drive. Bristol is an hour or so’s drive and public transport is available too.

But invariably we have to go from Heathrow which takes about 3/4 hours public transport, 3 hours drive.

What I’m trying to say is, can you compare what you do now so you can see how different / difficult it would be vs how much money you’d save?
Manchester is not far at all, about 40 minutes in the car. We usually get a mini bus return journey so doesn’t cost much.
London is a 4 hour drive away so its a massive difference. I don’t want to risk a mini bus all that way because if Mason needs to the toilet he needs it suddenly so we need lots of stops (not sure how that works out with mini buses). A train or flight would be quicker I imagine. We live pretty close to the train station so I actually think that would be easier than flying to London. My thinking is that we can just all climb on board a train without having to check in luggage etc plus we would still need to get a mini bus to the airport.
I am struggling to get a train price so far in advance but it seems to be about £50 per person each way.
My husband is concerned about is arriving in London with all our luggage and not having a clue what to do or where to go 😬😬😬😬
We don’t know London at all. So once we get off the train we don’t know how easy or hard it is to get to the premier inn.
Sorry for waffling 😖😖😂😂
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List