Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

The Retreat at Champions Gate or Windsor Hills?

We're heading back out to Florida for the summer and plan to rent a villa for the first 3 weeks of our trip. During this time DH will be working so we won't be doing Disney like we would normally be. We'll probably pop to the parks for a few hours in the afternoons/evenings on the odd occasion and Disney Springs but that's it. I've rented villas for over 20 years so I'm very familiar with all the different areas but I'm just not sure what location to choose. I've stayed at both but I still can't decide!

CG is obviously newer but further out and WH is older but much more central to restaurants, supermarkets and parks etc. Trying to decide if location matters as much if we're not hitting the parks hard and the 27 has a lot more to offer than it has in previous years, the other part of me likes the idea of being close to the 192 with that sketchy Walmart on the corner of 192/Old Lake Wilson

Please help! Which resort would you choose and why?

Edited at 09:25 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I've booked encore at reunion, only a couple of minutes south from your dodgy walmart, brand new resort with what looks like a fabulous waterpark.

Might be perfect if you're spending a bit of time onsite.

Just make sure that the villa comes with access to it.
Old 11 Jan 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post
I've booked encore at reunion, only a couple of minutes south from your dodgy walmart, brand new resort with what looks like a fabulous waterpark.

Might be perfect if you're spending a bit of time onsite.

Just make sure that the villa comes with access to it.
I've had a look at Encore but got put off when each home I looked at didn't include the facilities. It would be a lot easier if you could just filter down the search to include the water park. Can I ask who you booked though?
Old 12 Jan 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I went through:thetopvillas.com

Liked them as they have offices in the UK and Orlando, their properties mostly have the facilities included and its very clear on the website.

Also like the fact that they do a £231 deposit and as I lost my last one due to the villa being sold and having a battle with the company I didn't want to risk losing any money again.

The Villa I booked didn't have the low deposit but I asked for it and a discount, shy kids get nowt, I got just under 5% off and the low deposit.

They also offer £50 off if you sign up for their newsletter, quite impressed with the service and they e mailed me last week as they offer a personal contact to help in any way.
Old 16 Mar 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

We loved the Retreat at Championsgate. We were on Moon Valley Drive so could walk to the clubhouse. No problems with traffic either although this was in 2019.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

We had the opposite with Champions Gate where we found we were constantly stuck in traffic. It always seemed to take an age to get anywhere.

We have booked a lovely villa on Windsor Hills this year because it’s much closer to shops/restaurants and parks.

Booked our villa through magical vacation homes who have been great to deal with.
Old 17 Mar 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

For the location I would pick WH. Some of the villas are updated so hopefully you’ll be able to get great accommodation too.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 22, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Based on traffic alone, it would have to be Windsor Hills for me. I live nearby and the short distance between here and Championsgate has some of the worst traffic in Orlando now.
Old 17 Mar 22, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

We absolutely loved the retreat at Champions Gate but the Traffic was a nightmare!
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List