Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Jan 22, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

The Grand Tour 2023 planning

So whilst I am busy booking things for our (fingers, toes and eyes crossed!) holiday to WDW later this year, minds have now turned towards 2023. This will be a big milestone birthday for DH, which is a bit of a pathetic excuse really, but in order to finally tick off the last of the Disney resorts for us, we are thinking like this :-

Fly to LAX, spend a couple of days at Disneyland (we've visited before);
Then fly to Hawaii for a few days, stay at Aulani, visit the Pearl Harbour museum;
Next fly across to Japan, (thus completing our "flying all the way round the world" goal as this is the only bit of ocean we haven't flown across yet), go to Tokyo Disneyland for a couple of days (we've visited before);
Then fly to Hong Kong, spend a couple of days at Hong Kong Disneyland (we've visited before);
Next would be flight to Shanghai to go to Disneyland there, which is the only Disney park we haven't been to yet;
And from there, fly to Singapore to visit friends for a few days, again we've been here before and love the country;
Fly home!

This would be doable in 4 weeks, and I've already cleared this with my boss, he said he would be happy for me to take that much time off - luckily, he's a big Disney fan and loves the parks, so he understands my needs! Plus, our firm has an office in Singapore and I offered to work from there for a day if he wanted me to, I don't mind doing that, he said it wouldn't be necessary but I might do it anyway just to brag I had worked in the Singapore branch for a day! DH lived and worked in Singapore for a year before I met him, so he could easily keep himself occupied without me for a day.

Does all this sound feasible? I know it will be blooming expensive, but as DH was diagnosed with a long term illness last year, we want to do a once-in-a-lifetime trip while he is still well enough to do it.
Old 14 Jan 22, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Personally?
Think it sounds bl00dy marvelous!

Depending on the timing, the massive expansion at Tokyo Disney will be open by then.

Have you heard / any interest in the animation of Studio Ghibli?
There theme park will have opened (at least partially) by then and it is no too far from Tokyo I think.

There is also the Universal Studios is Osaka if you fancy, the with new Nintendo World also.

Lets hope the world lets you do this!
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Sounds a fantastic trip.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
So whilst I am busy booking things for our (fingers, toes and eyes crossed!) holiday to WDW later this year, minds have now turned towards 2023. This will be a big milestone birthday for DH, which is a bit of a pathetic excuse really, but in order to finally tick off the last of the Disney resorts for us, we are thinking like this :-

Fly to LAX, spend a couple of days at Disneyland (we've visited before);
Then fly to Hawaii for a few days, stay at Aulani, visit the Pearl Harbour museum;
Next fly across to Japan, (thus completing our "flying all the way round the world" goal as this is the only bit of ocean we haven't flown across yet), go to Tokyo Disneyland for a couple of days (we've visited before);
Then fly to Hong Kong, spend a couple of days at Hong Kong Disneyland (we've visited before);
Next would be flight to Shanghai to go to Disneyland there, which is the only Disney park we haven't been to yet;
And from there, fly to Singapore to visit friends for a few days, again we've been here before and love the country;
Fly home!

This would be doable in 4 weeks, and I've already cleared this with my boss, he said he would be happy for me to take that much time off - luckily, he's a big Disney fan and loves the parks, so he understands my needs! Plus, our firm has an office in Singapore and I offered to work from there for a day if he wanted me to, I don't mind doing that, he said it wouldn't be necessary but I might do it anyway just to brag I had worked in the Singapore branch for a day! DH lived and worked in Singapore for a year before I met him, so he could easily keep himself occupied without me for a day.

Does all this sound feasible? I know it will be blooming expensive, but as DH was diagnosed with a long term illness last year, we want to do a once-in-a-lifetime trip while he is still well enough to do it.
Sounds amazing!
I would do Japan, Shanghai then Hong Kong then you can get a round the world ticket
Let me know if you need any help!

Edited at 01:56 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List