Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Jan 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

I'm getting worried now. We've never stayed at a universal hotel before and I've booked HRH for nights as a treat. I was ok with roof repairs but all the talk of tired rooms is now really worrying me. Have a made a huge mistake with HRH?
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinklebell View Post
I'm getting worried now. We've never stayed at a universal hotel before and I've booked HRH for nights as a treat. I was ok with roof repairs but all the talk of tired rooms is now really worrying me. Have a made a huge mistake with HRH?
No it’s not terrible at all. I’m a real hotel snob 😳 (as in I don’t like old rooms) so I try and stay in newish rooms and I think I notice when they’re not looking so new anymore.

Also the hotel is lovely in terms of theming, atmosphere, public areas and location. The location can’t be beat and the walk to CityWalk is just lovely.

The rooms just don’t quite match up to those things in my opinion but that’s partly because having stayed there for the first time five years ago, I remember how shiny and new the rooms were when they were first done.

I wouldn’t change to another hotel if I was you personally, it is still my favourite Universal hotel overall, just looking forward to the rooms being redone.

It’s just very expensive to have stained carpets and marked walls. Although you probably won’t be spending much time in the room anyway 😊.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you Moosha, that's really helped. the location really appeals to us and we will hopefully be out most of the time making use of the Express passes and then citywalk in the evenings.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinklebell View Post
We had a 2 queen pool view at HRH for 7 nights in Nov last year. I was quite happy with the condition of the room and we've stayed here every year since 2014 apart from 2020.

Pics here https://DIBB.in/15221374
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

Here this week, the construction isn’t too bad however we are staying in an area which is not impacted by scaffolding. They are assigning rooms in areas where scaffolding from what I overheard at reception.

It is however a bit noisy by the pool area - they are re-roofing and as previous posters mentioned the music is turned up to distract!

Club level service is very good - we have enjoyed the service and food/ drinks.

Regarding the rooms- we stayed in a king club room so I can’t speak for other categories… it is feeling a little tired (sofa is a bit battered/ well used!) but otherwise it’s good, the house keeping team and service are still at a very high standard. I get that those who expect a refurbed/ perfect room might not be happy with the price, we don’t mind as we are here for the location, amenities, express pass etc.

Have stayed at Portofino in the past and love it there- but don’t like RPR so much.
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve just booked club for Feb half term.

I hope there’s not too much noise from the refurb works.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by DisneyElles View Post
Here this week, the construction isn’t too bad however we are staying in an area which is not impacted by scaffolding. They are assigning rooms in areas where scaffolding from what I overheard at reception.

It is however a bit noisy by the pool area - they are re-roofing and as previous posters mentioned the music is turned up to distract!

Club level service is very good - we have enjoyed the service and food/ drinks.

Regarding the rooms- we stayed in a king club room so I can’t speak for other categories… it is feeling a little tired (sofa is a bit battered/ well used!) but otherwise it’s good, the house keeping team and service are still at a very high standard. I get that those who expect a refurbed/ perfect room might not be happy with the price, we don’t mind as we are here for the location, amenities, express pass etc.

Have stayed at Portofino in the past and love it there- but don’t like RPR so much.
Thanks for the update…

Any idea how far along they are with the work?

I had a message to say that the work should be done before May, however, initial suggestions was this should be continuing through the summer…
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

It’s hard to say, there seem to be two external aspects - re-roofing and then re-painting. It looks to me that they still have a way to go.
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Has anyone been recently and have an update?

Thanks
Old 22 Feb 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We were there last week. The hotel was full. We didn’t get a room away from construction. It was ok Saturday and Sunday but by the Monday there was scaffolding and people outside our window.

It didn’t start too early or run too late but it was noisy if you were nipping back during the day.

Did it impact on my stay, probably not but it was lovely to move to sapphire falls, have a lovely view and no noise if we were back in the middle of the day.

We are booked again in October but I’m glad we’re at Portofino in Jul rather than the hard rock.

Edited at 10:59 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List