Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jan 22, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Cabana bay family suite or Sapphire falls?

We have just booked and have a brand new countdown….yay!

We really like staying at Universal as we love being able to walk to parks and pool hop but also struggle as a family of 4 to stay in the same hotel room together for 2 weeks!
I am an early riser so like to get up, make myself a cuppa and have a bit of ‘me’ time before kids get up and when they do, we like to eat breakfast before heading out for the day.

We have booked a Cabana bay family suite for the extra living area and kitchenette, but will still be all sleeping in the same room, also it looks quite cramped in the living/kitchen area.
We then found a kids suite available at Sapphire falls, but would lose the kitchenette area. So, then we looked into a Sapphire suite, which has one king bedroom and a pull out sofa bed in lounge also with kitchenette.The extra space would be great but it’s coming in at £1000 more than the price we have paid for Cabana bay😬
We have stayed a Sapphire falls before and loved it, but never been to Cabana bay before
Is Cabana bay really as bad as the reviews say it is?
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

I would stay at Cabana Bay and spend the money on fancy restaurants and the like whilst you are there

We dont spend much time in the room at Universal (it is there for sleeping and getting changed, nice though the rooms are) and if you find you preferred the pool etc at Sapphire, you can just spend your time there anyway

Cabana Bay has great reviews from all the times i looked at it (pre Covid to be fair but surely that has impacted all the hotels?) and we are going to stay there this year
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

We stayed in a family suite at Cabana in both 2018 and 19 (family of four) We didn’t find it cramped and the fact that the bathroom is split into 3 separate areas and you could close off the bedroom area so if you stayed up late or got up early others weren’t disturbed was a bonus
The resort is not as modern or as upmarket as Sapphire but that is reflected in the cost
We didn’t have any problems at all during our stays but have seen the reviews recently; most do seem to relate to staffing problems caused by Covid these problems are not just restricted to Cabana, and hopefully will start to ease in the coming months
For the amount of time you spend in the room I would rather use the $1000 on excursions or meals
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

2 connecting rooms at Aventura is another option maybe? That’s what we did. Brilliant hotel that, punches well above its weight on value.

Edited at 09:49 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We’ve stayed at both Sapphire Falls and Cabana Bay a couple of times and much prefer Sapphire Falls.

But the difference in price does reflect the difference in quality of facilities etc.

I think YT is onto something with Aventura, it’s small and much quieter (and newer) than Cabana Bay but cheaper than Sapphire Falls. We’ve eaten at Aventura a few times and really liked the food and the atmosphere/ decor in the lobby.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Thank you for your replies, I can always rely on the lovely people of The Dibb to help me make up my mind!
We have decided to stick with Cabana and use the money for a Discovery cove/seaworld tickets

We haven’t been to Florida for over 2 years, we will hardly be in the room anyway!
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List