Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Jan 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I normally always book direct rather than third Party sites , however I have used BA for hotel bookings before and find them very competitive
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

ATD do onsite, hotels.com too
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I always book Universal hotels via Expedia with Quidco cashback. The rates offered are usually roughly the same as on the Universal site with around 6% - 8% cashback.

We’ve stayed at Universal hotels doing this for at least nine stays but I had the weirdest experience checking out of Hard Rock this trip (we checked out Christmas Day.)

I didn’t receive my ‘guest folio’ ie invoice automatically by email on check-out as I always have so when we left I asked at reception and the agent said he couldn’t give it to me because it was booked through a third party. I said I had no idea what they were charging me re extras (parking / bar etc) and I’d like to check the charges and I didn’t really understand what the issue was. I already knew what the room rate was, it was the stuff we’d been charged at the hotel that had nothing to do with Expedia that I wanted to see before leaving to check it was right. He checked with a manager and said there was no way he could show me the charges and to take it up with Expedia.

The idea of contacting a massive company like Expedia to ask for details of bar charges at a hotel that has nothing to do with them other than that they booked the room is completely bizarre and I have no idea what this new policy is all about, but in the end as it was Christmas Day and we had to get to Disney I just thanked him and left.

Fingers crossed they haven’t overcharged me and I won’t book the hotel with Expedia again after that, luckily we now have AP and I’m hoping to get AP discount on our next bookings direct with Universal anyway.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Loews direct is sometimes cheapest. Last year we booked through booking.com as we liked their cancellation terms (proved very useful!). This year attraction tickets was £2 more and we also booked tickets with them. There was some good deals on - we got a king suite for the same price as a queen room, or we could have had a king club room for £60 more
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy123
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
I always book Universal hotels via Expedia with Quidco cashback. The rates offered are usually roughly the same as on the Universal site with around 6% - 8% cashback.

We’ve stayed at Universal hotels doing this for at least nine stays but I had the weirdest experience checking out of Hard Rock this trip (we checked out Christmas Day.)

I didn’t receive my ‘guest folio’ ie invoice automatically by email on check-out as I always have so when we left I asked at reception and the agent said he couldn’t give it to me because it was booked through a third party. I said I had no idea what they were charging me re extras (parking / bar etc) and I’d like to check the charges and I didn’t really understand what the issue was. I already knew what the room rate was, it was the stuff we’d been charged at the hotel that had nothing to do with Expedia that I wanted to see before leaving to check it was right. He checked with a manager and said there was no way he could show me the charges and to take it up with Expedia.

The idea of contacting a massive company like Expedia to ask for details of bar charges at a hotel that has nothing to do with them other than that they booked the room is completely bizarre and I have no idea what this new policy is all about, but in the end as it was Christmas Day and we had to get to Disney I just thanked him and left.

Fingers crossed they haven’t overcharged me and I won’t book the hotel with Expedia again after that, luckily we now have AP and I’m hoping to get AP discount on our next bookings direct with Universal anyway.
That is really odd, I would not have been too happy with that! Another reason to book direct! Thanks
Fairy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fairy123 View Post
That is really odd, I would not have been too happy with that! Another reason to book direct! Thanks
I know, so weird, I thought at some point he was going to say ‘only joking!’ But no apparently the hotel can charge my card with whatever they want and not give me any information on the charges because I booked through Expedia 🤨.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Vickyvoo
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We are looking at booking one night this February. Can I just check: if you book with a third party do you still get the Express passes per day? There is no mention of the Express passes on the Hotels.com website or the expedia website.

Obviously the Express passes are a big part of the package if we only stay one night.

Thanks for any help!
Old 16 Jan 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Vickyvoo View Post
We are looking at booking one night this February. Can I just check: if you book with a third party do you still get the Express passes per day? There is no mention of the Express passes on the Hotels.com website or the expedia website.

Obviously the Express passes are a big part of the package if we only stay one night.

Thanks for any help!
Yes you get express passes no matter who you book through. They’re a perk of staying at the three premier hotels. We’ve always booked through Expedia and always had them .
Old 16 Jan 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Snap travel are great and I usually find them the cheapest!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Is there a minimum stay to get the free skip the line passes ? Or is just one night good ?
Thanks!