Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Oct 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
fifinefairy
Excited about Disney

Galactic Starcruiser - no bookings allowed if not in US/Canada.

Did anyone else know this? I haven't seen any info anywhere about bookings only available to US and Canada. It's being advertised on the UK site but after holding on for ages told they are not accepting bookings if you are not in the US or Canada.

Ggrrrrr.
fifinefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Odd choice if that’s the case.

I’m planning to visit it once in Summer 2023 to say I’ve done it. Son will be 7 then so will probably appreciate it more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
hushabyepie
Getting Excited

I do know of some UK people who have managed to book but they did use a US based travel agent to do so to secure the bookings, as they had this exact problem when they rang Disney direct to make the reservations themselves.
hushabyepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
fifinefairy
Excited about Disney

Are we allowed to ask who they used?
fifinefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

I called yesterday as well and was told that it was just open for Canada and US and to monitor the website. I’d love to go in July or August next year.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Weird

a colleague of mine has booked for him & his son August 22?

not entirely sure who with but never mentioned was a US travel agent?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I'd better be able to book it for my 50th in 2024.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
antonh
Getting to know the DIBB

Sorry for replying late on this thread, only just came here to see if any Brits are talking about it. I've booked for April next year. I used a US travel agent but it was really simple - filled out a form and then had a 10 minute call over Facebook Messenger to provide credit card details etc. That was all a few days before general bookings opened on the 28th. The booking appeared that day in the MDE app and my UK credit card got charged for the 20% deposit (in USD obviously) so there doesn't seem to be any rule stopping UK based people from booking via a travel agent.

The company I used was Outer Rim Travels (Google it, I'm new here so can't post URLs)

March, April and May are currently basically booked out, but there still seems to be reasonable availability from June to September.
antonh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sussex Bantam
Trading Disney Pins

I'm now allowing myself to believe that we might actually be able to get to WDW in August 2022 and so starting to make some plans...

Has anyone got any more recent experience that Nov 21 on this ? I'm loath to call without knowing exactly what I want to book (price, availability, options etc) as I get a bit flustered on the phone but the on-line information seems pretty scarce..
Sussex Bantam is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
hushabyepie
Getting Excited

Nothing really, I checked the UK website the other and like you said still sparse with info.

And the only UK based People I've seen that have been able to book so far are those that went through Outer Rim Travels.
hushabyepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List