Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Nov 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista Yes or no?

Hi All,

I know no one can really speak from experience of the last year or so, but please tell me about the Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista.

I have been looking at reviews lately and they are a mixed bag. It is also the cheapest by a long way for the surrounding hotels considering it is free parking and no resort fees.

I am thinking about booking another hotel nearby and paying the extra £££. For example the Aloft is available for another £150 but would need to add in $12 a night parking also, which adds up for 11 nights. Or there is a Holiday Inn Express which is very highly rated for another £200 but again a $12 a night resort fee is to be added.

Would you stick or move?

Thanks
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

Stopped there in March 2019. Rooms were basic motel style, kept clean and had no issues. Never used the restaurant’s on site, but used the bar a couple of times.
Plenty of parking and had transport to Disney.
Would not stay in the area again as the Crossroads has closed so restaurants in the area are greatly reduced.
Old 1 Nov 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed there in October 2018 and while it’s not a fancy hotel it was absolutely fine.
It’s basic but clean there’s a fridge microwave and coffees maker.
We ate at the parks most days and did eat in the bar a couple of times which was pretty good.
I’d stay there again
Old 1 Nov 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

It’s ok as a hotel for a few nights, but I wouldn’t stay there for entire holiday. I don’t like hotels with outside corridors. We had a room by the car park, it was clean and OK but not very ‘holiday’ like. I know usually only use a room to sleep in but it just didn’t feel right. When we were there there were some cabin crew staying there arriving and leaving at odd times. We did meet a lovely guy though who was waiting to start work at Disney who was staying there too.
There are some other hotels which aren’t too expensive which I feel offer a better stay.
Old 1 Nov 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

We have stayed there many times. If you just need a clean comfortable room, free parking, no resort fee and security at the gate then this is the place for you.
If you expect choice of restaurants, room service, and a themed room then maybe not.
we have never had a bad stay there in 10 years. Make sure you contact them before you travel to ask for a car park room as it is right on the I4 . They are not promised but we have always got a room on top floor facing the car park.
The beds are comfortable with lovely square pillows. The rooms are clean, the aircon is the type that is attached to the wall so gets noisy and there are no inside corridors, But it feels safe as there is security checking you have a pass to enter the car park. You have a fridge, micro and coffee maker. there is a buffet type restaurant and a sports bar.

There are shuttles to the parks but only at limited times so we have never used them. Even with crossroads closing there is still Olive Garden, Dennys , Ihop and shake and steak nearby.
We are booked for 2 weeks in May- can't wait
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We've stayed there many times too and will be again in 5 weeks.It's a very safe secure hotel and has always been clean.Crossroads being gone doesn't bother us as there's still plenty choice of restaurants nearby, including Miller's and Chili's.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’re looking at the Holiday Inn Resort LBV as we have a virgin voucher to use and they include the resort fee, showing at just over £50 a night in May.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
We've stayed there many times too and will be again in 5 weeks.It's a very safe secure hotel and has always been clean.Crossroads being gone doesn't bother us as there's still plenty choice of restaurants nearby, including Miller's and Chili's.
See you there
we arrive on 27th, its our first time staying so can't yet comment, however I was reassured by so many positive comments from lots of return traveller's here on the dibb. The reasons I booked were location, cost, no resort fees, free parking and recommendations. Im not going expecting 5 star luxury, I'm expecting a clean and safe room to sleep at night after a long day the parks, that is close to Disney Springs.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
See you there
we arrive on 27th, its our first time staying so can't yet comment, however I was reassured by so many positive comments from lots of return traveller's here on the dibb. The reasons I booked were location, cost, no resort fees, free parking and recommendations. Im not going expecting 5 star luxury, I'm expecting a clean and safe room to sleep at night after a long day the parks, that is close to Disney Springs.
There's another Dibber who has stayed over 40 times😁
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve stayed here a few times. It’s a great no frills base. Clean, safe and convenient for the Disney parks at a good price. If I was going to stay in the area again I would definitely stay here.
mrsjacksparrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List