Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Jan 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dadof3
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Universal Royal Pacific Resort Prices

I've been looking at booking RPR for 8 nights in early July, decided this morning to go for it and book and the price on 3 of the sites I had been looking at had increased by nearly £700, since yesterday night! Anyone got a clue why? And for some really strange reason the price on Travel Republic had reduced by about £10.00, so booked with them.
Dadof3 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Was it for the same room type? The lowest price room may have sold out on one or more nights which would push you up into the next category.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dadof3
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hi, yes exactly the same room type, could be they are running low on those rooms available to those companies, not sure. But Expedia, Hotels.com and Bookings.com all still advertising that type of room, but with the big increase in price. Just lucky I could book with Travel Republic for the lower price, otherwise would have to rethink our plans.
Dadof3 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

We noticed that the room rates for all the Universal hotels have gone up this week to silly amounts for July/August.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Probably "supply & demand"! Unfortunately probably a case of they know what they can charge
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

I just came on to add thread to warn folk!

Gutted!

I was refunded last night £250 from Holiday.com in voucher. But the little sods sent via 2 vouchers! You can only use one voucher per booking!

I was going to book our 2 nights at RPR which was £808.

Only option was to book 2 nights separate to use both vouchers.

Last night I booked the Thur night using the £150 voucher room rate was £390 which was cheaper than the second night.

I then decided to cash in my Tesco vouchers which gave me £255 so thought I would use them to pay for second night and the last Holiday.com £100 voucher to pay airport hotel.

So had to wait for Tesco to process vouchers.

Woke this morning with ping to Tesco vouchers went straight on and my room which was roughly £418 last night (for Fri night) had jumped to £527 for exactly same room.

I did dummy for 2 nights and was now £1025 compared to £808 last night :-(

Least I got one room for £390 as both nights are now over the £500 mark and was lucky to pay for one last night. But annoyed with hotel.com as if they issued one voucher which should have been then wouldn’t have had to book separately. :-(

I tried lots of places but were all same kind of price even direct with universal.
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Also wandered if with work on Hardrock if folk are changing resorts?

This was cheapest of 3 and now same price as hardrock or not much in price difference?
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We booked 2 nights for this august for £360 a night on December the 28th so does seem it could be a supply and demand
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

There were some sales on some room types recently which we benefited from last week, it’s possibly that has ended
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
There were some sales on some room types recently which we benefited from last week, it’s possibly that has ended
This. plus they keep changing the room category on sale. The room we booked is now £500 more for the 4 nights we are there.
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List