Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Jan 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Storey Lake Reviews

I've recently considered staying at this resort but have read some pretty terrible reviews. Does anyone know if things have improved? Especially the security aspect?
Old 8 Jan 22, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I've recently considered staying at this resort but have read some pretty terrible reviews. Does anyone know if things have improved? Especially the security aspect?
Can't help but also interested in any reply. We were looking here for April as the condos looked nice and modern etc, but like OP were a bit put off by reviews of the complex as a whole. We ended up booking a good deal at Bonnet Creek instead.
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

It was 2019 when we stayed at Storey Lake and we didn’t have any complaints. We had a lovely townhouse and travel to the parks was effortless. Although our townhouse was new and modern we did comment that it could quickly become shabby as it was obvious the quality of fixtures and furnishings weren’t as good as some older villas/townhouses that we have stayed in. It’s sad if it has been allowed to go downhill as it really was a great place to stay.
Stan1805 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sneeks85 View Post
Can't help but also interested in any reply. We were looking here for April as the condos looked nice and modern etc, but like OP were a bit put off by reviews of the complex as a whole. We ended up booking a good deal at Bonnet Creek instead.
Can I asked who you booked Bonney Creek with? I stayed there years ago and it was really lovely but apparently owners aren't really renting at the moment 🤷🏼
Old 8 Jan 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Can I asked who you booked Bonney Creek with? I stayed there years ago and it was really lovely but apparently owners aren't really renting at the moment 🤷🏼
We booked through VRBO but it was with a company called Koala. They are basically AirBNB for timeshares. We could have booked direct with them but their one bed apartments were only listed on VRBO.

They have been great to deal with so far, Wyndham changed their policy for owners renting out their timeshares during certain periods (ie Easter when we are going!) so they made sure they had our booking secured before the deadline passed. Perhaps why you can't see availability for here as the dates you are going could be blocked out for resale?
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have you looked at Encantada? It's a good location, they have townhouses with splash pools and some houses with decent sized pools? Or Windsor at Westside? Windsor Palms is another one, has villas and a communal pool etc x

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Have you looked at Encantada? It's a good location, they have townhouses with splash pools and some houses with decent sized pools? Or Windsor at Westside? Windsor Palms is another one, has villas and a communal pool etc x
I looked at Encantada but there's not much there for the kids, both there and W@W aren't getting great reviews at the moment either. A lot of these areas seem to be going downhill
Old 9 Jan 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

I thought i had decided on the perfect place in Storey Lake, then my wife had a look at the reviews on trip advisor, and it seems to be taking a bit of a hammering at the mo. Lots of noisy party type issues, badly built property etc.

I looked at a few other places, and similar reviews seen to be coming in - Windsor at Westside, Encore at Reunion and others.

I'm looking at a decent budget (in my view), so want somewhere that lives up to its online spiel, so to speak.

If you could choose a villa community (6 bed please) that had a decent communal pool and bars etc, where would you pick?

Or am I over thinking the issue at Storey Lake? Last 2 weeks of August by the way, so not Spring break or other crazy times.
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
G82
Trying for More Ears

I can recommend Reunion Resort. They have lots of different types of accommodation and the resort is very quiet and well kept. It's huge too!
G82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I think if you look you will find over the last 22 months every resort community has had issues with parties especially in the larger homes mainly due to Airbnb bookings from locals for party houses
Since the US opened up in November and more UK European and Canadian visitors going back it’s really becoming less of a thing
And I do know a few MCs who couldn’t wait to have very few or no American Guests
Many just complaining to get money back
We had a terrible time trying to get guests out who had completely lied about occupancy
As have many other owners for many reasons believe me
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List