Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Jan 22, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
IWANT2GO
Proud to wear my Ears

Outdated Villas

Is it just me or are other people also coming across loads of outdated villas?

80% of the villas I've looked at so far seem very outdated, some of them looks like they haven't even seen a paint brush in about 30 years.
IWANT2GO is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

I think some villas are a little out-dated, but I wouldn't look on it as a problem if they have the facilities and amenities you need. You just need find one that you would be happy to rent.

Enjoy your time finding the best place for you, and planning the best holiday ever!
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Every time we go to Orlando my DH drives me mad rejecting the majority of the villas I look at due to the decor. We're quite minimalist people so the flouncy pelmets and plastic plants over all the kitchen cupboards are not our cup of tea but everywhere we've stayed has been spotless and comfortable, which is the main thing.

If you want a modern refurbished villa with a new kitchen then they do cost a lot to rent. But to be affordable, they will all have the 90s style wooden kitchen and 80s style curtain pelmets.
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Yes, I looked at loads before I found a suitable villa. I don’t like chintzy furniture or too many decorative items like the fake plants and ancient pictures. I also need something at least as good as my own home, or better. There are lovely villas out there, it just takes a while to sort through and find one you like. I rule out any with chintzy decor, carpeted living area, wicker beds and it must have a covered lanai to escape the sun. At least I’m not fussy which way the pool faces!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I don't know how villas are 30 years out of date as most of them weren't around 30 years ago. I have never understood the plastic plant thing though (although I liked it when we first stayed). I absolutely love the traditional Florida colour scheme and think it's a bit sad that it's no longer available. It is however still in some of the hotels on the Coast so I'm obviously not alone.

Edited at 12:07 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You will find two types of villa owner
Those who are very hands on who constantly update and upgrade their home and do rentals themselves
Or those who buy a villa purely as an investment and may never even visit their home and use a 3rd party for rentals
Also remember villa owners have had a financial hit the last two years
Modern homes are out there but in the current market of house prices you get what you pay for .
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
You will find two types of villa owner
Those who are very hands on who constantly update and upgrade their home and do rentals themselves
Or those who buy a villa purely as an investment and may never even visit their home and use a 3rd party for rentals
Also remember villa owners have had a financial hit the last two years
Modern homes are out there but in the current market of house prices you get what you pay for .
Exactly. And we are off tomorrow and already have a painter booked for Wednesday! Not sure what to expect we have never gone more than 6 months between visits before.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I think florida or maybe america in general is quite behind the modern decor, at least in things like kitchens and bathrooms. There are very little villas that I have seen that look like a modern house in the UK.

Personally the decor isn't an issue for me, I'm not buying it. We use the villa as a place to sleep, if we aren't sleeping we are either out, or in the pool/hot tub. More important to me is the location of the villa to the parks, and the size of the pool and ideally a spa/hot tub, followed by the price.

I found a lot of the newer modern villas are a fair way out, the older villas are typically nearer the parks. I found a villa which meets all our requirements, but does look outdated, but I'd rather have an outdated look than be far away, or not have a spa/hot tub. Or be considerably more expensive.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree sifting through many villas and they are old fashioned and dated. I also hate the white plastic pool furniture that loads seem to have.
We’ve found a modern villa that we stayed in 3 years ago and hopefully will book again this year.

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jemett View Post
I agree sifting through many villas and they are old fashioned and dated. I also hate the white plastic pool furniture that loads seem to have.
We’ve found a modern villa that we stayed in 3 years ago and hopefully will book again this year.
Do you mean the white pipe furniture? That's actually very expensive. 😂