Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Jan 22, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Gatwick hotels South terminal?

Last time we flew from Gatwick with BA was back in 2016 and we flew from the North terminal so stayed and parked at Premier Inn as we could just walk across the road to the terminal.

This October trip says that we are flying from the South terminal. Does anyone know if there are any hotels equally as close with parking?

Thanks in advance x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I always respond the same to these threads:

Your choice of hotel should not be dependent upon which terminal you are flying from, as the terminals are joined by the little shuttle thing that runs every few minutes and only takes a few minutes.

So, if the Premier Inn worked for you before, it will work for you again.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I always respond the same to these threads:

Your choice of hotel should not be dependent upon which terminal you are flying from, as the terminals are joined by the little shuttle thing that runs every few minutes and only takes a few minutes.

So, if the Premier Inn worked for you before, it will work for you again.
Exactly this with Gatwick, we just choose the best value that is attached to a terminal. We've gone for Hampton inn this time
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Agree with Bozza. I always stay at PI North even when flying from the South. It's quicker to get from there than most of the hotels labelled South, just cross the road and straight onto the shuttle.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

The Hilton is attached to the south terminal.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
The Hilton is attached to the south terminal.
We stayed at the Hilton in December, it’s newly renovated and we were happy with it. Would stay there again, although dinner in the hotel was expensive and average so once things open up at South Terminal again we’d probably go there for dinner, especially if Giraffe reopens.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Yes, I am very much with Bozza on this one. The arrival or departure terminal is irrelevant to your choice.

For us personally, it is the further away of the Prem Inns at North.
It doesn’t have aircon, but has drop off parking for a while. The bearer one has parking Nazis in abundance waiting to catch you as you drop off. We get there, book in and then I move my car to the summer long stay. The complimentary shuttle brings me back.

Next morning, it’s a short push with a trolley if one is there or alternatively, a suitcase pull to the N Terminal entrance.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 05:05 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Yes, I am very much with Bozza on this one. The arrival or departure terminal is irrelevant to your choice.

For us personally, it is the further away of the Prem Inns at North.
It doesn’t have aircon, but has drop off parking for a while. The nearer one has parking Nazis in abundance waiting to catch you as you drop off. We get there, book in and then I move my car to the summer long stay. The complimentary shuttle brings me back.
Can you still drop off for free at the nearer one? I thought due to the fact it is actually in the same area as the North terminal drop off, the £5 fee would be unavoidable.

I thought it was ANPR cameras down there so no chance of avoiding it.

We have booked there for August and fully expect us to have to pay £5 to who ever drops us off.

But if you know different, that would be helpful. I know its only £5 when you pay £5k for a holiday... but the principle annoys me.

EDIT - PS - We are going from the south too. Premier inn north is easily the best value hotel in the gatwick area IMHO.

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Can you still drop off for free at the nearer one? I thought due to the fact it is actually in the same area as the North terminal drop off, the £5 fee would be unavoidable.

I thought it was ANPR cameras down there so no chance of avoiding it.

We have booked there for August and fully expect us to have to pay £5 to who ever drops us off.

But if you know different, that would be helpful. I know its only £5 when you pay £5k for a holiday... but the principle annoys me.

EDIT - PS - We are going from the south too. Premier inn north is easily the best value hotel in the gatwick area IMHO.
Drop off is free at the premier inn. You just have to put the reg in on their iPad as you check in.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I always find the Premier North really noisy ……. I prefer the travelodge , cost with the transfer works out the same but it’s quieter and airier (and it isn’t purple )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List