Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 22, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Hotels and pools, allergies and keeping prices down - advice needed

Hello!

I’m a long time Disney fan but haven’t been to DLP for many years as prefer to save up and go to Florida.like so many I’m missing my fix and have turned to DLP to see if it can fill the void.

I’m pricing up a few days for me and my three year old as a little break but trying to keep prices down as we will also have a holiday in summer in the UK.

I’m so surprised to see that none of the better value Disney hotels have pools. I was wondering is it because people generally don’t have time for swimming? Or just a Disney ploy to get you to spend more?
I’m thinking with a three year old the pool will be good for a bit of down time along side the parks and he does love swimming.

We can go any time but I thought May would be nice for the weather and also a good mid point between now and our summer holiday. I would say I was hoping to spend about £1200 max but I could go up to £2200 at a push. It would have to be really special to make me think it was worth it!

My reservation to staying off site is the travel each day with the little one and also my french is GCSE standard at best. My lb has food allergies so I was expecting the Disney bubble would have more English speakers and be better set up for the food allergies?

With all that in mind, which of my thoughts do people like best and why?
Option 1
Go in May for the weather and stay at Cheyenne with no pool. Maybe do a day at the centre Parcs resort?

Option 2
Go in March risk the cold and stay in the Disney beach club for the pool but is the theme good for kids?

Option 3
Go in May and stay off site with a pool. Recommendations of places to stay?

Option 4
Suck it up, go in May and stay at Marvel but you’d need to convince me that it’s really worth it for the price differ!

Option 5
Something else? Tell me

Thanks a million for all advice
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

The Disneyland Paris hotels are hotels, not resorts like in Orlando. People don't usually do a non park day / hotel day like in Orlando.

Disneyland Paris people spend all the time at parks. Park tickets and hotel are standard at Disneyland Paris, you will get tickets for your arrival day and departure as well as all the days in between.

The cheaper hotels don't have pools as they don't have club class/ suites. People pay a higher price for the club class hotels so the extra price is for extra amenities like a pool.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Yes I thought as much. I understand if just people are going for a three day stay they won’t be too bothered by a pool and will want to be in the parks or asleep.
With a three year old I won’t manage that, if we want to do fireworks (assuming they are back) we will need to have a rest or some down time and I think a swim will allow that but can’t quite justify the cost difference.
DLP need to build an indoor water park to fill this gap 😂
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve been to DLP twice with the kids, once at sequoia lodge and once at Village Nature. Both had their advantages and I think it’s hard to recommend.
I would say it depends how long you are going for and whether you plan to do full Park days.
First time we went in August mon to fri to sequoia lodge so had Park tickets for everyday, really warm weather, planned to dip in and out of the parks for half days mornings then back for fireworks and had great expectations for afternoons at the pool - we only used it once in the end, it was freezing! But I did love the convenience of being able to walk from hotel to the parks.
Second time we went over new year for a full week staying at Villages Nature. It was lovely to have the extra space of a lodge but I was concerned about the distance from the parks and we only bought 3 day ticket so didn’t want to waste it with short days. We did full days in the parks which was actually no problem, shuttle bus from VN to Disney was easy, and VN pool was fantastic and we loved being in the hot outdoor pool even though it was Dec.
If I was only going for 2/3 days I’d go onsite and not worry about the pool at all. I didn’t feel the Disney pools were anything special (have also stayed at Newport bay prekids) and time is better spent in the parks. I’d recommend VN to either stay at for a longer visit or to go for the day to use the pool but I was there precovid so not sure how it’s changed.

Edited to add after I saw your comment about 3 year old and fireworks. My daughter was 3 on the Aug trip. We could not get her to sleep in the afternoon as she was too excited. She never saw the fireworks as they were 11pm and she fell asleep in pushchair. Maybe consider out of season (March?) as Park days will be shorter and fireworks could be as early as 6 or 7pm?

Edited at 12:59 PM.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Thank you so much Geordie Princess for taking the time to write such a detailed reply, so helpful.
You have confirmed my instinct. I think we will do 4 days and stay onsite with no pool, enjoy it for what it is, short break and save VN for when daddy can come with his big step sisters and drive us all 😂.
It’s a really good point about the fireworks as had thought that myself. He doesn’t sleep in the day at home unless he’s exhausted. He is generally an excellent walker but I am thinking I’ll still take a stroller for the travel days and I am hoping on from the park he might not be able help himself but nap.
I think all in all, I’ll be realistic and remember it’s a short break alone with a three year old, I’ll go for as reasonable a price as I can and I’ll enjoy it for what it is and not stress about all the extras.
Thanks again 🥰
Old 16 Jan 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LJG
Earning My Ears

We were fortunate enough to take my boy every year from when he was 1 until he was 6, when Covid halted our annual pilgrimage. In the last trip we also took our youngest, who was 1. We have stayed at the pink hotel, Newport and Sequioa and on one trip we were there for 8 nights (obsessed? Maybe). Our downtime tended to be in the room or a show or a long meal or a walk around all the hotels. There’s so much going on in the park - things of various paces, as well - that we never needed a pool break. On the 8 night trip we did a day at the Village and used the pool which was great but I’d not consider taking a day away from the site on a shorter break. Not sure if that helps as everyone’s kids are different!
LJG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at Davy Crocketts Ranch and it had lots of things for kids but we didn't spend any time there to appreciate it.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Thanks everyone. I think I’m ready to commit to a pool free holiday 😂. Your experience has been much appreciated
Old 19 Jan 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
janey85
Dancing with Tink'

We booked Newport bay and used the pool, really lovely and worth the extra for the pool. We stayed in March so wasn’t too expensive. Our little girl was 3 at the time and we really valued the down time!
janey85 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List