Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Jan 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymcw
Getting Excited

I'm in a dilemma - do I take a pram or not?

We travel in May for two weeks. My little girl will be 6 when we are there. Of course when in the UK she doesn’t use a pram however when it comes to Disney Parks do I take it for the last time or leave it at home? What’s everyone’s opinion on it as we just don’t know what to do for the best?

Edited at 04:09 PM.
Emmymcw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

We took one when youngest was 5 (used a lot) and 6 (tended to be used for putting bags on).

It's down to personal circumstances really whether you think they'll be tired / grouchy or you end up pushing it round (if you did take you wouldn't necessarily need to use it - better to have the option?).

It was a godsend for our first trip but not necessary for the second (it also got damaged on the return which we didn't realise until we went to collapse it back at the car, so was binned at Heathrow car park).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We went in 2016 and our kids were 12, 6, 5, 4 and just turned 3. We didn’t take a buggy and didn’t use one the whole trip. We did park opening until about 2/3ish, swim in the afternoon and they were tired but never complained about walking. They were in bed by 9 bar around 3/4 nights when we had a lazier morning and went later for fireworks/ nightshows.
I would say for 6 don’t take one but if you feel after a few days or so that she would benefit Walmart and target sell cheap buggy’s.
Firstxmastrip is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Our first trip our youngest was 6, the thought never crossed my mind to take a pushchair and she has hypermobile joints as well as other disabilities. We slowed things down and went at her pace, we found the main issue with her was heat rather than tired legs.
We also didn't do full park days choosing to go in a morning and then back to resort pool most afternoons, if I had planned on doing full days it might be been needed maybe... Not judging you if you want to take one though, have you asked your daughter how she would feel about being in a pushchair? She might be mortified but then again if you explain to her about the heat and possible long days she might be more than happy and grateful of a bit of a rest 🙂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Emmymcw View Post
We travel in May for two weeks. My little girl will be 6 when we are there. Of course when in the UK she doesn’t use a pram however when it comes to Disney Parks do I take it for the last time or leave it at home? What’s everyone’s opinion on it as we just don’t know what to do for the best?
My son was her age when we went, my daughter younger, we hired the strollers in the parks for her, but wished in hindsight we’d have got a double one, he managed but was exhausted tbh, I would say take it for the last time, x
Crystaljordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would say take it. Handy for bags and water as well.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We're just back and our 6 yr old Grandson walked miles every day and never moaned once..same with our 4 yr old Grandson last June July,I really expected him to struggle with the heat and humidity but he was marching around like a wee trooper..we just had plenty of rests throughout the day.I think the buggy would have been more hassle than it was worth to be honest.All kids are different though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
We went with a 5 year old and 18 month old in August 2015. We only took a pushchair for the baby and my eldest walked everywhere. We paced ourselves and he never complained. This year, I’m travelling with a nearly 8 year old and 4 year old. The 4 year old wouldn’t go near a pushchair usually but we are taking it as we think we’ll be doing later nights in the parks,now the kids are a bit older. Do I think we’ll use it much? No but even if it just sits in the closet, at least it’s there if he does get tired. It’s all down to the individual child and the circumstances. Have a think about how long you’ll be in the parks each day.

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Dendycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi
My child was 6 and there would of been no way they would of got in one and was happy to walk but that said they are a good walker. Depends on child and how busy the days you are planning are.
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can only go by personal experience and say no , my daughter tired herself out with all the walking . We just had stops when we needed to to get drinks snacks etc . Found some nice cool places when we needed to and if we had had enough then went back to the hotel for swims . I have to say she has never slept so well as when we are in Florida .

2023: Cabana Bay & Portofino Bay 2022: Caribbean Beach Resort / Portofino Bay / Cabana Bay 2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino 2019: Cabana Bay2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York 2015: LBV Resort and Spa & Portofino Bay 2012: LBV Resort and Spa 2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon
alp1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List