Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Oct 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Essexgal79
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile Free Dining 2019

Hi
Just looking for some help...
Back at the beginning of the year we was planning a visit for next year which we had put to one side as other half was buying into a business. Anyway we can now look at going again (yay!) but I’m worried that I’m cutting the free dining close - what happens for October 2019 once the offer stops next Tuesday? Will I have to pay if I want to add dining ?
Also my budget is about 6k ish for 14 nights Disney hotel, tickets flights and car - no universal for us this time is this do able ?
Looking to go 18th October approx - incorporating half term as eldest is in seniors now 😬

Thanks
Essexgal79 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

If you don't book before the free dining end. You can still buy the dining plan if you buy the tickets at the same time.

I am hoping the free night when you book 7-14 nights will come out after the free dining to book my hotel as I don't need tickets and the dining plan.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Might be worth if you’re thinking of the free dining plan, is to book for the dates you want in just your name and pay the £50 deposit to secure the dining 0lan and room. Then add your dh later, Disney will just add him to the reservation, adding the tickets and dining plan.

At the most all you would loose is £5o if you cancel, but if you plan to go at least you’ve secured your free ddp

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

How many of you are you? I’m not sure what half term flight prices are like especially around Halloween. Have you roughly priced up a hotel?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Essexgal79
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Sorry just realised I’ve not actually put any details 🙈
There’s 2 adults and 2 kids (12 &7) I’ve looked at hotel and tickets on Disney and they’ve only got CBR coming up at about £5k with tickets and upgrade to DDP. Pretty sure I could get flight for around 2k ish if I look at maybe Tampa..

I’ve looked on VH and Tui websites and they are all coming out well over budget but I’m planning on actually going into branches in town at weekend and seeing what they can do.

BA Holidays haven’t got the dates I want released yet.
Kenwood Travel have replied to my initial email enquiry with pretty much a brush off stating that Disney have put a “stop sale” on our dates? No idea ?
I’ve spoken to Ocean Florida and they are currently putting together a quote for me.
Essexgal79 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi, we are at CSR next October and VERY excited to be staying at a newly refurbished resort, we have paid to upgrade DDP and will be waiting (patiently &#128518 for flights until December - Feb time when I expect to secure them for under £500 (Gatwick/Heathrow)

So, as someone else said, if you know your dates get the accom booked as that seems to be the trickiest part for next year if you want to be onsite with DDP ( I wouldn't stay onsite without a car without it but I wouldn't get it unless it was free! )

Worst case you lose 50 quid, oh no, worst case is you miss free dining and your holiday costs hundreds more $$

Hth
Old 1 Nov 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Essexgal79 View Post
Pretty sure I could get flight for around 2k ish if I look at maybe Tampa..
Fly TC economy, could do MCO for <2,000
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Essexgal79 View Post
much a brush off stating that Disney have put a “stop sale” on our dates? No idea ?
October 2019 onwards is frozen, My TA had to argue with them to get 16 nights from the 27th. Not a brush off - I think its true.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm not so sure that it's a totally "Stop sale" but certainly Free Dining was a very limited release as far as previous years, even some of the Deluxes weren't released, under Club level, to well into the deal so the Mods-especially POR/POFQ took an early hammering.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Essexgal79
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I’ve played around with dates and have booked today CSR for 30th October x14 nts with full dining plan and got a good price compared to what everything was coming out at. The kids will have to have a few more days out of school than I would like but they have excellent attendance normally and I’ve saved 2k so can’t turn it down.
Will now flight watch Dec/Jan as recommended on here and finger crossed I can get a fly drive for around the 2k mark and I will be happy 😃