Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Nov 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Grace_1412 View Post
i dont mind it but eldest DD hates it. Not because of the drop but because of the dark, she happily does all the big rides in Universal. You can tell when the drops are coming though as you can feel the clank of the carraige locking in before you go.
Thanks ... I will pay attention to that sound Is it pitch black or can you see the other people in there with you ?
Old 5 Nov 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
I feel like I'm always taking one for the team on this one in that I'm either happy not to do it and look after youngest grandchild or go on it with my wife as she wouldn't do it on her own or go with wife and youngest son so they don't feel bad about me waiting around. When I do it, it takes me to the edge of my motion sickness tolerance and I vowed never again after last time (stupidly did it straight after Rock n Rollercoaster) but I think on our next trip I'm going to do it again and give one of those motion sickness bands a go to see if they work for me. I'm sure I'd enjoy it more if I wasn't thinking 'Please don't throw up' and taking deep breaths.
By the sounds of what your like ...I think I will be the same . I cant do rollercoasters as I hate the ups and downs and heights . Maybe I will buy something to settle my nerves
Old 6 Nov 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My nemesis for sure - every holiday for the past 12 years has been preceded with “This time I’ll do ToT” and i failed every time.
Well, this year we did it & LOVED IT !
As others have said, it’s the anticipation that gets you - the actual drops are fun rather than scary.

* Orlando: 2006/2007/2010/2014/2016/2017/2018/2019
+ new booking Apr/May 2022

* New York/Orlando mix: 2012

* New York: May 2015/Dec 2021
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 00swan View Post
My nemesis for sure - every holiday for the past 12 years has been preceded with “This time I’ll do ToT” and i failed every time.
Well, this year we did it & LOVED IT !
As others have said, it’s the anticipation that gets you - the actual drops are fun rather than scary.
Congratulations Fingers crossed I will like it too. I always have a fast pass for it ...but never use it
Old 6 Nov 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 68nic View Post
Thanks ... I will pay attention to that sound Is it pitch black or can you see the other people in there with you ?
You can see other people...
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyspals
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was the same and said I would go on with DD, was not looking forward to the drops but it was not nearly as bad as I expected. Give it a go, you will feel so pleased with yourself 😊😊

2010-Tuscan Hills Villa, Radisson International Drive
2012- Tuscan Hills Villa
2015-Tuscan Hills Villa,Lowes Royal Pacific
2016- Disney's All Star Movies Resort,Town House at
Regal Palms Resort,Hard Rock Hotel
2017- La Quinta Suites, Central Park, New York
2017- Tuscan Hills Villa

2019-Highland Reserve Villa
Mickeyspals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I'd say it's a fun ride rather than a scary one but Disney is good at making it all appear a lot worse than it actually is. The theming alone is worth the trip inside. You'll go on it then you'll be going back on again and again!
Old 6 Nov 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Donna2983
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I've just done it for the first time and I was absolutely terrified. I went back on a second time but the fear was still very much there. I don't think its a ride I'd go on without my partner being there to push me. Don't get me wrong, the look is amazing and I love what they've done. I just don't like not knowing what the drop sequence will be. It makes me feel massively out of control
Donna2983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

I adore rollercoasters and drops but I hate this ride! I went on it once but never again! Grab a F.P. for it and then give it a go once with less wait. Then at least you can say you ave done it once. I usually get a F.P. for DW and wait by the exit 🙂
Old 8 Nov 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HeyDonnaLouise View Post
I've just done it for the first time and I was absolutely terrified. I went back on a second time but the fear was still very much there. I don't think its a ride I'd go on without my partner being there to push me. Don't get me wrong, the look is amazing and I love what they've done. I just don't like not knowing what the drop sequence will be. It makes me feel massively out of control
I think I will have to tell myself that each drop will be a long one...the if it only drops 1 or 2 floors then it will be a bonus