Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Dec 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I really really want to get excited about our planned August trip. It's so hard when we can't be sure we'll actually go and we may be restricted financially thanks to losing my secondary income this year.

I remain cautiously optimistic though. I've put a deposit down for Discovery Cove ultimates and we are not going to Disney anyway which makes things a little easier. I'm actually tempted to start a pre trip report as I really like to have everything in one place and get other peoples suggestions and ideas too.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I really really want to get excited about our planned August trip. It's so hard when we can't be sure we'll actually go and we may be restricted financially thanks to losing my secondary income this year.

I remain cautiously optimistic though. I've put a deposit down for Discovery Cove ultimates and we are not going to Disney anyway which makes things a little easier. I'm actually tempted to start a pre trip report as I really like to have everything in one place and get other peoples suggestions and ideas too.
Once we get to the end of January any Christmas spike will be dealt with, and from that point I only see normality creeping back as more and more people are vaccinated and the weather warms up, and we all stay apart outside again.

My head tells me very much to expect things to be pretty much back to normal by August (unless vaccination rollout goes completely to pot). My heart is saying don't get excited just yet.
Old 20 Dec 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Once we get to the end of January any Christmas spike will be dealt with, and from that point I only see normality creeping back as more and more people are vaccinated and the weather warms up, and we all stay apart outside again.

My head tells me very much to expect things to be pretty much back to normal by August (unless vaccination rollout goes completely to pot). My heart is saying don't get excited just yet.

Christmas is going to be tough, my family all live in tier 4 areas so we wont be able to see any of them in person but we are having a big family zoom call so at least that's something.

I hate to say but I think the start of next year wont be the best either but hopefully as more vaccines get done we will turn a corner and by summer fingers crossed it will all be very different. August is still a way off so not losing hope yet
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

With the news of another vaccine getting approval is this giving anyone else a boost of positivity?
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrslfc View Post
With the news of another vaccine getting approval is this giving anyone else a boost of positivity?
Definitely! But then I read that Biden has said that they are way way behind vaccination schedule in USA. Just hope they can roll it out faster in the coming months!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrslfc View Post
Absolutely! With all the news of spiralling cases and hospital admissions recently I was struggling to see the light but I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief today. Just hope they can logistically get us all jabbed by August 🤞
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Me! Cannot wait, first night drinks at The Gurgling Suitcase OKW then sitting on the balcony thinking two more weeks of this! That'll get me through the Winter
Exactly this! The Gurgling Suitcase is beaconing! Long Island Iced Tea by the pool and then back to the balcony for a couple of margaritas. Perfect!

We're booked in for OKW, Hard Rock and then a week on the Gulf Coast. Can't wait to get back to Florida.

I'm swinging wildly between very positive and very negative about it happening but we have paid a deposit and the rest isn't due until June so we have plenty of time to see what happens with travel/masks/vaccines etc.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
Exactly this! The Gurgling Suitcase is beaconing! Long Island Iced Tea by the pool and then back to the balcony for a couple of margaritas. Perfect!

We're booked in for OKW, Hard Rock and then a week on the Gulf Coast. Can't wait to get back to Florida.

I'm swinging wildly between very positive and very negative about it happening but we have paid a deposit and the rest isn't due until June so we have plenty of time to see what happens with travel/masks/vaccines etc.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
We're another Old Key West booking - June 2021, got everything crossed!
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lawe
VIP Dibber

lawe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We all live and hope that we can get over this quickly and safely.

It's our 25th Wedding Anniversary in August and this was part of our plan for our 3rd trip but as yet will not commit until flights restart and places start to really open up.

May 2012, August 2016 Lake Berkley Resort
June 2024 booked back to Lake Berkley
lawe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

I’m feeling really positive. I’m not sure there won’t be some restrictions still in place ( masks etc) but I’d really like to think that in 8 months time we will be in a much better place. If the vaccine rollout is pulled off in the way it is hoped- I’d expect US travel to be back.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List